Children's Books You Might Like (-:

Dec 2015
Arizona
I am a book lover and always appreciate suggestions. Here are some books for you to consider.

New York Times bestselling author and comedian Michael Ian Black has some sage advice for children (and all the rest of us who are scratching our heads in disbelief) in this perfectly timely parody picture book.

"I know all the big words," bragged Donald Trump, while running for -- are you kidding me -- president of the United States. Well, so do we. And they're all here in D is for DUMP TRUMP: An Anti-Hate Alphabet -- 26 poems and 20 original editorial cartoons about this detestable caricature of a candidate.

This book brought back one of the funniest memories from the campaign and showed how our future president could have a sense of humor. The book itself in terms of physical characteristics is a little underwhelming but as a memento it is fine.

Sometimes we forget just how long Donald Trump has been running for President . He first admitted thinking about it in 1987. But Garry Trudeau has been featuring him his "Doonesbury" comic for at least 30 years.

Dec 2015
Arizona
AND there's more.

I ordered this for my granddaughter to add to her Easter basket. The story follows a bunny (Marlon) as he joins the Vice President throughout his day. Animal lovers added bonus! Illustrations are beautifully done (very Susan Branch) with things viewed from Marlon's perspective.
Great vocabulary builder with many objects to name. Easy to follow spotting Marlon on each page.
Guided reader M (Grade 2)

Marlon Bundo is the smartest thing living in that house and truly, the one good thing about Pence, I liked the dog too. Maybe Pence is really like Marlon on the inside. I hope Pence finds his Wesley one day.

Last edited:
Nov 2012
nirvana
AND there's more.

I ordered this for my granddaughter to add to her Easter basket. The story follows a bunny (Marlon) as he joins the Vice President throughout his day. Animal lovers added bonus! Illustrations are beautifully done (very Susan Branch) with things viewed from Marlon's perspective.
Great vocabulary builder with many objects to name. Easy to follow spotting Marlon on each page.

Marlon Bundo is the smartest thing living in that house and truly, the one good thing about Pence, I liked the dog too. Maybe Pence is really like Marlon on the inside. I hope Pence finds his Wesley one day.
Well aren't we full of Easter cheer today.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
John Oliver's wonderful book already sold out, and they are making a new edition! All of the proceeds go to the Trevor Project and a charity for AIDS.

I love John Oliver.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
John Oliver's parody has already sold out and is outpacing Pence's original by huge strides!

AND there's more.