Chilling World War III 'wargames' show US forces crushed by Russia and China

Oct 2010
Colorado
This is the return for a $750 billion defense budget???? Should we up our defense budget to $1 trillion? More?

Chilling World War III 'wargames' show US forces crushed by Russia and China
Scary World War III ‘wargames’ show U.S. forces crushed by Russia and China in certain hot spots around the globe.​
Research organization RAND has run dozens of wargames simulating major conflict scenarios in what it describes as Russia and China’s “backyards.” The wargames suggest that the U.S. forces in those locations would get attacked by a vast array of both conventional and cyber weapons.​
RAND Senior Defense Analyst David Ochmanek discussed the simulations at the Center for a New American Security (CNAS) in Washington D.C. last week. “In our games, where we fight China or Russia … blue gets its a** handed to it, not to put too fine a point on it,” he said, during a panel discussion. Blue denotes U.S. forces in the simulations.​
"We lost a lot of people, we lose a lot of equipment, we usually fail to achieve our objectives of preventing aggression by the adversary,” Ochmanek added during the CNAS discussion.​
Based on the wargames, a clash with Russia in the Baltic states would result in the rapid defeat of U.S. forces and their allies, Ochmanek told Fox News. “Within 48 to 72 hours, Russian forces are able to reach a capital of a Baltic state,” he said. On the other side of the world, a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, while a massive military gamble for China, would also pose a huge challenge for U.S. forces in the area, according to Ochmanek.​
Russia and China have amassed large inventories of precision-guided cruise missiles and ballistic missiles that can reach hundreds of miles and strike military targets, the researcher said. Set against this backdrop, U.S. military outposts and aircraft carriers in the contested regions could face a potential devastating barrage of missiles.​
In RAND’s wargames and analysis, Russia, and particularly China, unleash so many missiles that they overcome U.S. defenses. “They send salvos that are so great that we cannot intercept all the missiles,” Ochmanek said.​

More: Chilling World War III 'wargames' show US forces crushed by Russia and China

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Our military is similar to our health care system.
While it is clearly the most expensive in the world, it falls short when compared to systems that cost a fraction of what it does.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Our military is similar to our health care system.
While it is clearly the most expensive in the world, it falls short when compared to systems that cost a fraction of what it does.

Yes it is the best in the world. You didn't read the article did you.. We lose in CERTIAN HOT SPOTS NOT ALL...

Oct 2010
Colorado
Yes it is the best in the world. You didn't read the article did you.. We lose in CERTIAN HOT SPOTS NOT ALL...
Define "best."

And these war games scenarios are a joke. Just as soon as either side began getting their asses whipped out would come nuclear weapons.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Define "best."

And these war games scenarios are a joke. Just as soon as either side began getting their asses whipped out would come nuclear weapons.
As I said read your own link we loose in CERTIAN HOT SPOTS... That is why you pick your battles carefully.

Scary World War III ‘wargames’ show U.S. forces crushed by Russia and China in certain hot spots around the globe.
We are not going to win an all out confrontation in Ukraine or Georgia if Russia sends it full force
Nor would we win in Korea if China sent its full might into the fight.

cer·tain
[ˈsərtn]
PRONOUN
(certain of)

1. some but not all.
    "certain of his works have been edited"

Oct 2010
Colorado
Yep, under Trump, the nukes are "on the table."

Europe is a big place. I’m not going to take cards off the table. We have nuclear capability. Now, our capability is going down rapidly because of what we’re doing. It’s in bad shape. The equipment is not properly maintained. There are all lot of talk about that. And that’s a bad thing not a good thing. The last person to use nuclear would be Donald Trump. That’s the way I feel. I think it is a horrible thing. The thought of it is horrible. But I don’t want to take anything off the table. We have to negotiate. There will be times maybe when we’re going to be in a very deep, very difficult, very horrible negotiation. The last person — I’m not going to take it off the table. And I said it yesterday. And I stay with it.

Fox News, 3/31/16

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Yep, under Trump, the nukes are "on the table."

Europe is a big place. I’m not going to take cards off the table. We have nuclear capability. Now, our capability is going down rapidly because of what we’re doing. It’s in bad shape. The equipment is not properly maintained. There are all lot of talk about that. And that’s a bad thing not a good thing. The last person to use nuclear would be Donald Trump. That’s the way I feel. I think it is a horrible thing. The thought of it is horrible. But I don’t want to take anything off the table. We have to negotiate. There will be times maybe when we’re going to be in a very deep, very difficult, very horrible negotiation. The last person — I’m not going to take it off the table. And I said it yesterday. And I stay with it.

Fox News, 3/31/16

UNDER EVERY PRESIDENT NUKES ARE ON THE TABLE.. in fact JFK and Russia were NEAR playing over a CERTAIN period of 13 days in the 1960s

Oct 2010
Colorado
As I said read your own link we loose in CERTIAN HOT SPOTS... That is why you pick your battles carefully.

We are not going to win an all out confrontation in Ukraine or Georgia if Russia sends it full force
Nor would we win in Korea if China sent its full might into the fight.

cer·tain
[ˈsərtn]
PRONOUN
(certain of)

1. some but not all.
    "certain of his works have been edited"
I already know the definition of "certain."

Yes, I read the article I posted.

For the third time, define "best," please.