Chilling World War III 'wargames' show US forces crushed by Russia and China

Sep 2017
Hell
Haha. I went direct to the last post in this thread earlier when I responded to Bubba.

Now that I've read the earlier posts, I hate to point this out, but the Pershings were not even deployed to Europe until after the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
It seems people are missing my point !!!! China with 1.4 Billion people and India with almost 1 Billion people both have growing economies. Collectively they have EIGHT TIMES our population. As their economies grow so will their demand for energy. There is only so much oil to go around and we, the united states, use a disproportionate amount of it. Admiral Rickover, the father of the nuclear navy warned us many many years ago that our dependence on foreign oil was our single greatest national security risk. One of his protege's Jimmy Carter would echo these very same sentiments while he was president.

We need to be on a major investment and research program for alternative and renewable/sustainable energy. From our houses and personal transportation to our war fighting machinery. Every truck, boat and aircraft needs to have alternative fuels made viable and available. The price of oil today will be completely irrelevant when there simply is none to be had in the future. We have arguably the best military on the planet right now. But I sincerely question our ability to fight a sustain full fledged war. I'm not sure we have enough oil production available, nor do I think we have sufficient large scale manufacturing capabilities. I could be wrong but it make me worry about our future.

Nov 2013
NM
Haha. I went direct to the last post in this thread earlier when I responded to Bubba.

Now that I've read the earlier posts, I hate to point this out, but the Pershings were not even deployed to Europe until after the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Yah, that's pretty much implied. But not everybody knows that the Pershings were propelled by solid rocket fuel, nor that that means that they weren't deployed when the Jupiters were (the Jupiters were liquid-fueled - & the fuel was nasty, difficult to handle, caused safety issues, & keeping the missiles topped up & ready to go was a major pain). The Pershings were a leap forward in maintenance. Once set up, they were apparently almost a turnkey system.

& of course, this was all a while ago. Even the withdrawal & destruction of the Pershings was back a ways.

Sep 2017
Hell
Yah, that's pretty much implied. But not everybody knows that the Pershings were propelled by solid rocket fuel, nor that that means that they weren't deployed when the Jupiters were (the Jupiters were liquid-fueled - & the fuel was nasty, difficult to handle, caused safety issues, & keeping the missiles topped up & ready to go was a major pain). The Pershings were a leap forward in maintenance. Once set up, they were apparently almost a turnkey system.

& of course, this was all a while ago. Even the withdrawal & destruction of the Pershings was back a ways.
The US Army retired it's Pershing II's in 1988, but the German Luftwaffe kept their Pershing I's until after Reunification was fully secured......just in case the Soviets had a change of heart.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
This is the return for a $750 billion defense budget???? Should we up our defense budget to $1 trillion? More?

Scary World War III ‘wargames’ show U.S. forces crushed by Russia and China in certain hot spots around the globe.​
Research organization RAND has run dozens of wargames simulating major conflict scenarios in what it describes as Russia and China’s “backyards.” The wargames suggest that the U.S. forces in those locations would get attacked by a vast array of both conventional and cyber weapons.​
RAND Senior Defense Analyst David Ochmanek discussed the simulations at the Center for a New American Security (CNAS) in Washington D.C. last week. “In our games, where we fight China or Russia … blue gets its a** handed to it, not to put too fine a point on it,” he said, during a panel discussion. Blue denotes U.S. forces in the simulations.​
"We lost a lot of people, we lose a lot of equipment, we usually fail to achieve our objectives of preventing aggression by the adversary,” Ochmanek added during the CNAS discussion.​
Based on the wargames, a clash with Russia in the Baltic states would result in the rapid defeat of U.S. forces and their allies, Ochmanek told Fox News. “Within 48 to 72 hours, Russian forces are able to reach a capital of a Baltic state,” he said. On the other side of the world, a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, while a massive military gamble for China, would also pose a huge challenge for U.S. forces in the area, according to Ochmanek.​
Russia and China have amassed large inventories of precision-guided cruise missiles and ballistic missiles that can reach hundreds of miles and strike military targets, the researcher said. Set against this backdrop, U.S. military outposts and aircraft carriers in the contested regions could face a potential devastating barrage of missiles.​
In RAND’s wargames and analysis, Russia, and particularly China, unleash so many missiles that they overcome U.S. defenses. “They send salvos that are so great that we cannot intercept all the missiles,” Ochmanek said.​

More: Chilling World War III 'wargames' show US forces crushed by Russia and China
Notice the qualifier: "major conflict scenarios in what it describes as Russia and China’s “backyards.”" Not WWIII, just a regional war between major powers. Another Vietnam.

For WWIII there's the nuclear option.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
No it was not post 18 is where pershing missiles were mentioned, I thought it was you but it was ClickerII that stated they were Pershing the reason I got confused and thought it was you he had quoted YOUR post in his post. I accepted the fact the pershing was the system that was removed instead, I new we removed missiles it was the Jupiter instead of pershing.

View attachment 3251
You're right, my bad.

Dec 2016
Canada
This is the return for a $750 billion defense budget???? Should we up our defense budget to $1 trillion? More?
Of course! If the MIC shills at the RAND Corporation declare Russia and China will win WWIII...according to their wargames...then Donald's on the right track by gutting pension, education, healthcare and other domestic spending, so more money can be ponied up to build even more nuclear missiles, fighter jets and carriers for military supremacy!

Scary World War III ‘wargames’ show U.S. forces crushed by Russia and China in certain hot spots around the globe.​
Research organization RAND has run dozens of wargames simulating major conflict scenarios in what it describes as Russia and China’s “backyards.” The wargames suggest that the U.S. forces in those locations would get attacked by a vast array of both conventional and cyber weapons.​
RAND Senior Defense Analyst David Ochmanek discussed the simulations at the Center for a New American Security (CNAS) in Washington D.C. last week. “In our games, where we fight China or Russia … blue gets its a** handed to it, not to put too fine a point on it,” he said, during a panel discussion. Blue denotes U.S. forces in the simulations.​
"We lost a lot of people, we lose a lot of equipment, we usually fail to achieve our objectives of preventing aggression by the adversary,” Ochmanek added during the CNAS discussion.​
Based on the wargames, a clash with Russia in the Baltic states would result in the rapid defeat of U.S. forces and their allies, Ochmanek told Fox News. “Within 48 to 72 hours, Russian forces are able to reach a capital of a Baltic state,” he said. On the other side of the world, a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, while a massive military gamble for China, would also pose a huge challenge for U.S. forces in the area, according to Ochmanek.​
Russia and China have amassed large inventories of precision-guided cruise missiles and ballistic missiles that can reach hundreds of miles and strike military targets, the researcher said. Set against this backdrop, U.S. military outposts and aircraft carriers in the contested regions could face a potential devastating barrage of missiles.​
In RAND’s wargames and analysis, Russia, and particularly China, unleash so many missiles that they overcome U.S. defenses. “They send salvos that are so great that we cannot intercept all the missiles,” Ochmanek said.​

More: Chilling World War III 'wargames' show US forces crushed by Russia and China
Neither Russia nor China are in a strategic position to "crush" America. But, the grifters at RAND and other MIC promoters know that the only way to get an entire population to increase their misery in order to build more tanks, ships, planes and guns, is to instill fear and make them think their very survival depends on further expanding the overbloated military industrial complex. Nevermind that the truth is exactly opposite! The weapons their patrons build further endanger everyone on Earth.

Jul 2018
Earth
Every situation is different. The first use of nukes would depend on the leadership at the time. The US war plan in eastern Europe had "theater nukes" in their battle plan in order to stop what was at the time an overwhelming manpower advantage for the eastern bloc. The Russians had a defensive "ring" around Moscow and other cities that were SAMs with nuclear warheads.
Trumps drive to get the NATO members up to date on their military spending has had a effect of the way the Russian military, which is a fraction of what it was back in the day, has acted in the region. Some think he's just bullying but the idea is to get the NATO allies in shape to actually fight instead of running for cover because they don't know how to fight.
It is silly to fight a major war unless you are going to totally exterminate the country that started it. Just surrender and have some popcorn. It will be cheaper and less messy. If China and Russia did attack the US what would they do with it afterwards? It would be a smoking ruin so what good would the land be of use to them? And we could easily kill over 1 billion Chinese with just one submarine if its missiles are targeted on the major population centers.

Jul 2018
Earth
China has 1.4 BILLION people and nearly unlimited resources And they have massive manufacturing capabilities. Most of it formally US manufacturing. In anything resembling a conventional war, they would do to us what we did to Germany and Japan. They would simply grind us down until we were out of people and equipment to prosecute the war.
What kind of dummy would fight a war with China unless it killed a billion Chinese within the first hour?

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Well, from this we can all be thankful to the millions of Americans who had the insight to vote for Trump as clinton was hellbent on antagonizing the russians. Furthermore, we can see the MICs influence trickling down from the legacy media to the lemmings crying muh russia, muh russia begging us to engage w/ russia in a negitive way, demonizing any attempt to create a positive relationship w/ the nation.

As i stated during the campaign i believe cultivating a positive relationship with both russia and China to be wildly important to the future. Far more than kowtowing to the crumbling EU or the epicly pointless UN.

This is why the globalists are constantly going after russia. They value their sovereignty and have no interest in the EUs garbage open borders authoritarian agenda. Unfortunately they have basterdized the term fascism as to me this seems as the end goal of this merger between global mega corporations and governments but what to do...