China boosts gas, coal output in race to heat homes for winter

Jan 2018
Yes
But solar sounds so nice.

China’s coal miners and natural gas producers ramped up output last month at their fastest pace in months to meet surging winter heating demand as utilities and households scrambled for supplies amid a fuel supply crisis, data showed on Thursday.

Major gas fields such as PetroChina’s Yanchang and Changqing have been running at full capacity to cope with demand for the fuel for heating since many northern cities reported shortages in November as part of Beijing’s drive to cut coal use and curb pollution.

China’s coal output last month still hit its highest since June at 299.98 million tonnes, and analysts expect demand in the world’s top consumer of the fuel to continue to rise as many homes revert to the commodity for heating due to gas shortages.

Many households are also using electric heaters, drawing on coal-fired power plants.

The data suggests China will need to import more gas and coal to meet extra winter demand, likely adding further support to rallying prices.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-race-to-heat-homes-for-winter-idUSKBN1E8093

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I thought China was one of the world's leaders in Solar Technology, Why are they not boosting solar power? (Because it is not VIABLE)

Jan 2018
Yes
I thought China was one of the world's leaders in Solar Technology, Why are they not boosting solar power? (Because it is not VIABLE)

Not so fast! :wink: If you don't care about people freezing to death then it s'wonderful. Wait ...

And LOL @goober

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Yes
Yep ex, let's celebrate the use of coal!!!

What is an "ex"?

That fool photo isn't my problem, if it is from China pollution let them use scrubbers. Oh, you seem to feel people freezing to death is okay?

I keep reading about all the installed solar in China, and yet they had to fallback on coal and natural gas to keep people from freezing to death. Could it be that the alleged solar installations aren't reliable? That the alleged output isn't factual?

Last edited:
Oct 2010
Colorado
What is an "ex"?

That fool photo isn't my problem, if it is from China pollution let them use scrubbers. Oh, you seem to feel people freezing to death is okay?

I keep reading about all the installed solar in China, and yet they had to fallback on coal and natural gas to keep people from freezing to death. Could it be that the alleged solar installations aren't reliable? That the alleged output isn't factual?
You are ex. And you never change.

And yes, of course, it's not my problem if people are freezing to death, sorta like it's not your problem if they're choking to death.

Isn't it about time for you to quote something from WUWT?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
You are ex. And you never change.

And yes, of course, it's not my problem if people are freezing to death, sorta like it's not your problem if they're choking to death.

Isn't it about time for you to quote something from WUWT?
They can move out of the city and not choke,

But they cannot run from Freezing to death.