China Just Got Handed The Oil Deal Of A Lifetime

Feb 2014
Oregon
I think people get the idea that the oil shortage was fake because of all the oil deposits that have been discovered in the last 50 years. It was there when the shortage was going on. So therefore to them, there was no shortage.
Our refining capacity, lack of technology to find oil and drill deeper for it and fracking has come a long way since Carter was president.
Do you recognize a difference between a faked oil shortage, and a real oil shortage?

Real oil shortages exist when the demand for oil is greater than the supply. It does not matter how much oil is in the ground. The oil in the ground does not define our supply of oil, because if we can't find it, it is not part of our supply. If we do not have the technology to extract it from the ground, it is not part of our supply.

Just as important is the demand side of the equation. If only 15 people in town have horseless carriages a small pool of easily accessible oil that is barely underground will seem like a eternal supply of oil. Today the demand for oil is so large an extremely large pool of oil can be exhausted in a few years.

Controlling demand is a matter of pricing. When gasoline goes over $4 a gallon people stop driving if they don't have too, however, we have designed our communities for an endless supply of oil, and even when people can not afford $4 a gallon for gas, they must pay it, and that means cutting out expenses such as food. If people start eating less to pay for gas, that hurts the food chain and all the businesses in the food chain, that must also pay more for oil, but now have to charge less to sell the product or services. Now people start loosing their jobs and eventually there is talk of slow economic growth and then a recession. Neither the Republican nor Democratic party wants this. A large supply of cheap gas is essential to all economies like ours.

Our military is highly dependent on oil and when we must depend on foreign nations for oil they have a lot of political power over us, and that has everything to do with the state of affairs today. We have regained oil independence but the deals made when we had to deal with OPEC on OPEC's terms still trouble us today. Now the Saudi Arabians can kill an internationally important journalist and nothing can be done about that. The US is sucked into mid-east conflicts and if the Saud's say hitting their oil was an act of war, the US has to take action that will appease the Saud's. This is not a follow the money matter. It is a mad scramble to cover our asses and not be controlled by those who have the oil. Our dependence on oil has become a serious weakness and embedded us in serious mid-east problems, demanding a stronger and stronger military presence and spending to cover up our weakness. THERE WAS A VERY SERIOUS LACK OF OIL SUPPLY AND THE PROBLEMS HAVE NOT GONE AWAY.

Feb 2014
Oregon
My "belief" isn't false- follow the money is as solid an answer as there is- and the books I read are not political- STOP telling me (and others) what we should do according to you- you don't have that right and you don't have that authority- money drives the world- I don't need a book to point that out- so, it stands to reason following it will lead to the answer of who benefits- how about YOU use the internet for something other than spreading "false" information- who benefits?
Every one of us has the right and the duty to speak truth and defend truth as we understand it. If you are not reading books about geology and geography how do have the necessary information?

Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
N
Okay and Saudi Arabia says the drone attack on its oil well was an act of war. Now there is the explosion at the Iran launch site in August that just happened to be picked when an American drone passed. Are we sure a war has not already started, only this one is technological warfare, not armies marching into each other?

Is there any doubt oil is very important to what is happening? How about this peice of information,

In 1920 a newspaper article said, "Given our known oil supply and rate of consumption, we are headed for economic disaster and possible war". The world economy collapsed and we went to war. The OPEC embargo pf oil to the US was a huge wake-up call. Technology had greatly increased the use of every barrel of oil, and our ability to access oil, but before fracking, we had reached the end of being oil self-sufficient and this was a huge economic problem and very serious national defense problem. Modern wars can not be fought without oil, and being dependent on foreign oil was a serious problem but the public remained ignorant of it and Reagon got away with slashing domestic budgets and pouring money into military spending. God, will this ignorance ever stop?

It appears the forum has picked up members who are more interested in truth than members were in the past. I hope people will wake up and want more information about what is happening and why. If you care there are several books about what geography has to do with what is happening. Please, buy them or borrow them from a library and start spreading the information.
Only Nitwits Ditto Pundits

The truth is that there is more oil still untapped than there is water in the oceans. Negativists have been saying that oil is running out since the 1880s, when they warned Rockefeller to cash in his chips and get into something more lasting.

Unnecessary shortages are caused by the falsely presented hoarding of the "Environmentalist" sons of oil-company stockholders (Green Is the Color of Their Daddies' Money), which HeirHead evil resulted in bans on drilling in half of American territory. Another cause of the fake scarcities and the Chicken Little scare-story about "Peak Oil" is that the few High IQs who could invent the technology to get at this abundance cheaply are demoralized by being treated as Cash Cows for Corporate Cowboys. The self-appointed experts you revere are merely liars-for-hire, B-students jealous of A-Students, Salieris making a good living out of their mediocrity.

Last edited:
Sep 2019
Here
Do you recognize a difference between a faked oil shortage, and a real oil shortage?

Real oil shortages exist when the demand for oil is greater than the supply. It does not matter how much oil is in the ground. The oil in the ground does not define our supply of oil, because if we can't find it, it is not part of our supply. If we do not have the technology to extract it from the ground, it is not part of our supply.

Just as important is the demand side of the equation. If only 15 people in town have horseless carriages a small pool of easily accessible oil that is barely underground will seem like a eternal supply of oil. Today the demand for oil is so large an extremely large pool of oil can be exhausted in a few years.
That's exactly what I was just point out. You're saying almost exactly what I'm saying. Except you're addressing a different part of this equation.

Controlling demand is a matter of pricing. When gasoline goes over $4 a gallon people stop driving if they don't have too, however, we have designed our communities for an endless supply of oil, and even when people can not afford $4 a gallon for gas, they must pay it, and that means cutting out expenses such as food. If people start eating less to pay for gas, that hurts the food chain and all the businesses in the food chain, that must also pay more for oil, but now have to charge less to sell the product or services. Now people start loosing their jobs and eventually there is talk of slow economic growth and then a recession. Neither the Republican nor Democratic party wants this. A large supply of cheap gas is essential to all economies like ours.
Yep. I agree. And have said the same exact thing for many years.

Our military is highly dependent on oil and when we must depend on foreign nations for oil they have a lot of political power over us, and that has everything to do with the state of affairs today. We have regained oil independence but the deals made when we had to deal with OPEC on OPEC's terms still trouble us today. Now the Saudi Arabians can kill an internationally important journalist and nothing can be done about that. The US is sucked into mid-east conflicts and if the Saud's say hitting their oil was an act of war, the US has to take action that will appease the Saud's. This is not a follow the money matter. It is a mad scramble to cover our asses and not be controlled by those who have the oil. Our dependence on oil has become a serious weakness and embedded us in serious mid-east problems, demanding a stronger and stronger military presence and spending to cover up our weakness. THERE WAS A VERY SERIOUS LACK OF OIL SUPPLY AND THE PROBLEMS HAVE NOT GONE AWAY.
All the more reason for renewables. I agree.

Feb 2014
Oregon
Frankly I'd believe the Saudis bombed their own refinery before I'd believe Iran did it. Bumping up the price of oil is win/win to Saudi.
The report says the drones were made in Iran and the reasoning is, even it is not the country that made the attack, they are responsible for the attack. Some parts came from China but nothing is said of holding China responsible. While the US is perhaps the world's top supplier of weapons, something that I believe is completely immoral, the USA is not held responsible for the use of the weapons is has granted and sold or just abandoned to others.

Obviously facts change with how we talk about them. We can manufacture and sell alcohol and do not hold the manufactures responsible for the problems resulting from consuming alcohol. We manufacture and sell guns and the manufacture is not held responsible for how they are used. We manufacture and spread weapons all over the world and do not feel responsible for how they are used, but we are going to hold Iran responsible for how the weapons it makes are used? Why?

Why would Yemen want to take credit for the attack?

Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
And their justification for attacking Iraq would be...
Every Other Spin Is From Atop

Among themselves, the petrocrats were outraged at Saddam for overproducing oil and cutting into their 1,000+% profit margins. Reagan supported Saddam's cheating, because it made it look like his voodoo economics was causing a boom instead of Saddam's flooding the oil market and bringing low fuel prices (same reason for Clinton's boom), because it cost the Soviet Union's petrocracy, and because it enabled Saddam to set back the Iranian jihad twenty years (or they would have done 9/11 before the Sunnis did). They did manage to massacre Marines in Lebanon, but reactions like yours show how soon we forget about Islamic mass murder.

Changing course, the entitled Bushes stood up for their Big Oil masters, even though the high gasoline prices caused by the Gulf War would cost George I his Presidency. Chickenhawk predators are pretty smug about getting away with making The Little People pay for their High and Mighty Lowlife mistakes.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
"WE" are not dependent on foreign oil. "WE" don't import oil. The oil companies do.

FYI, I'm not against oil. My response come from my opposition to oil being used for things where other things can be used to take oils place. I believe that in 100 years or less, oil will be a thing of the past. It can't be pumped out and not replaced forever.
Plus there's a possibility that the oil in the ground is actually needed to be there. For ever action there's an equal and opposite reaction. Everything has a purpose. What good does oil, deep in the ground, do? Is it something that scientist haven't realized yet?
We have the technology. Yet because it's not as profitable, we don't use it.
Why aren't we using magnets to create electricity?

Considering this: There's a lot of moving parts on a car. Anything that spins can be magnetized and surrounded by copper coils. When those two things get close enough to each other, spinning the right RPM's, you create electricity. A lot of vehicles have a drive shaft and an axle shaft. Coils could be wrapped around those things that would create enough electricity to power the vehicle.

Point is, Lithium will be replaced eventually. Oil will also be replaced. If it's all profit driven, corruption will follow. That's what money does.

Fundamental law of physics. You can’t create more energy than you use. Scientists have been trying for centuries. What you’re talking is called perpetual motion. The day we crack that one will be a massive leap in clean and cheap energy.

Sep 2019
Here
Fundamental law of physics. You can’t create more energy than you use. Scientists have been trying for centuries. What you’re talking is called perpetual motion. The day we crack that one will be a massive leap in clean and cheap energy.
LOL.. Oh yeah, no has figured that one out and either not lived to tell about it. Or sold out to what would've been their competition.

Perpetual motion is motion of bodies that continues indefinitely. A perpetual motion machine is a hypothetical machine that can do work indefinitely without an energy source.

Wind turbines, solar panels are two so far. There is an energy source. But they put out more electricity than it takes to run it.
Magnets create energy. Put two opposing magnets together, and they create the energy it takes to push themselves apart. The earth turns because of it's magnetic qualities.