China Just Got Handed The Oil Deal Of A Lifetime

Nov 2013
NM

Magnets create energy. Put two opposing magnets together, and they create the energy it takes to push themselves apart. The earth turns because of it's magnetic qualities.
Um, no. What I recall is that as the universe cooled down to where material existence was possible (as opposed to plasma), particles appeared, & began to stick together by gravity. The largest clouds of particulates clumped together. Because the material collapsed to discs, as the material grouped around the heaviest particles, the mass movement of the particles imparted spin on the flattened discs. The largest disc @ the center of the collection of discs eventually squeezed down (by gravity) sufficiently to ignite the sun.

The various smaller disc accretions in orbit around the sun also squeezed down, & cleaned up the local particles around each disc. This imparted spin on the planets & moons that formed from the secondary discs. TMK, that where planetary revolutions originated.

Feb 2014
Oregon
N

Only Nitwits Ditto Pundits

The truth is that there is more oil still untapped than there is water in the oceans. Negativists have been saying that oil is running out since the 1880s, when they warned Rockefeller to cash in his chips and get into something more lasting.

Unnecessary shortages are caused by the falsely presented hoarding of the "Environmentalist" sons of oil-company stockholders (Green Is the Color of Their Daddies' Money), which HeirHead evil resulted in bans on drilling in half of American territory. Another cause of the fake scarcities and the Chicken Little scare-story about "Peak Oil" is that the few High IQs who could invent the technology to get at this abundance cheaply are demoralized by being treated as Cash Cows for Corporate Cowboys. The self-appointed experts you revere are merely liars-for-hire, B-students jealous of A-Students, Salieris making a good living out of their mediocrity.
Where do you get your information? It is different from what geologist have said.

Feb 2014
Oregon
Fundamental law of physics. You can’t create more energy than you use. Scientists have been trying for centuries. What you’re talking is called perpetual motion. The day we crack that one will be a massive leap in clean and cheap energy.

I don't think there is a mechanical answer to our energy problem, but Tulsa may have may have known something we do not know.

Feb 2014
Oregon
It grants them credence with the locals in Yemen. The rebels want people to take them seriously.
Thank you for an answer. I am watching lectures about war and would love to get into a discussion of war with you. But right now I am off line and using a computer in the community center and this is not good for getting into serious discussions. Around the 28th I will back on line.

Can you imagine the Chinese working with any mid east countries to access oil? How about Chinese and Russia connection and Russia's supply of oil? Like might these countries come together and could anyone seriously threaten our control of mid east oil?

Nov 2013
NM
Thank you for an answer. I am watching lectures about war and would love to get into a discussion of war with you. But right now I am off line and using a computer in the community center and this is not good for getting into serious discussions. Around the 28th I will back on line.

Can you imagine the Chinese working with any mid east countries to access oil? How about Chinese and Russia connection and Russia's supply of oil? Like might these countries come together and could anyone seriously threaten our control of mid east oil?
China is trying to corner all supplies of energy (including oil) in the World. They're offering Middle East countries total turnkey solutions - the Chinese will design, build, operate ports, airports, refineries, wellfields, what-have-you, in return for a percentage of either the energy flow or the income - I think China prefers a cut of the flow. Does the US control Middle East oil? Not directly, although oil multinationals that started in the US are still active in the Middle East & elsewhere.

But the US doesn't rely upon imported oil/natgas to the extent that Japan, China & most of Europe do. Our interest in Middle Eastern oil is to not let Russia monopolize the oil/natgas trade to Europe & US allies. (& Russia still needs Western drilling technology for their more difficult oilfields - another reason for Russia to hold China off @ arm's length, rather than palling up to China too closely, @ least not in public.)

In the long term, the US (& anybody who's interested) need to break out technologically, past oil/natgas - beamed solar, fusion, harnessing quantum flux - something. I asusme that oil/natgas is finite, that it doesn't renew in any time scale that we would find convenient. Therefore, we need to quit fiddling around with extracting the last erg of oil energy, & get cracking on the next iteration of power generation.

Feb 2014
Oregon
China is trying to corner all supplies of energy (including oil) in the World. They're offering Middle East countries total turnkey solutions - the Chinese will design, build, operate ports, airports, refineries, wellfields, what-have-you, in return for a percentage of either the energy flow or the income - I think China prefers a cut of the flow. Does the US control Middle East oil? Not directly, although oil multinationals that started in the US are still active in the Middle East & elsewhere.

But the US doesn't rely upon imported oil/natgas to the extent that Japan, China & most of Europe do. Our interest in Middle Eastern oil is to not let Russia monopolize the oil/natgas trade to Europe & US allies. (& Russia still needs Western drilling technology for their more difficult oilfields - another reason for Russia to hold China off @ arm's length, rather than palling up to China too closely, @ least not in public.)

In the long term, the US (& anybody who's interested) need to break out technologically, past oil/natgas - beamed solar, fusion, harnessing quantum flux - something. I asusme that oil/natgas is finite, that it doesn't renew in any time scale that we would find convenient. Therefore, we need to quit fiddling around with extracting the last erg of oil energy, & get cracking on the next iteration of power generation.
You said what was thinking very well. However, I think we should understand we are using our military to maintain control of oil and the taxpayer is paying for this. And fracking is not without problems. Some serious problems go with fracking but those problems are not as bad as being dependent on foreign oil, as long as it isn't your family and home dealing with the problem.

We might also talk about international problems and dictators gaining power through oil. The information on this google page presents a pretty frightening picture of our reality and what oil has to do with dictators and the building potential for war.

political problems resulting from buying oil from dictators - Google Search

Saudi Arabia is highly armed and it will not sink back into poverty without a fight when its oil is exhausted. It is investing heavily in developing technology and that may be another can of worms. We might not mind our companies mining our computers for information, but do we want Saudi Arabia, China, and India invading our privacy and controlling our use of the internet?

Survival of Saudi Arabia after the exhaustion of its oil reserves