China's response to Trump's threats

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
China hasn't paid a dime. You and I have.
All this damned President does is lie.

Lie, lie, lie,lie lie.

and look, not one "real American" cares.

Why?

Because he hates the same people they do.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I just told you that Chinese products are losing market share due to higher prices? That is not rocket science. Inflation was already on the rise before the trade war, are you oblivious to prices when shopping?

I lot of the brands that I sell are already pulling manufacturing out of China, including American and European owned brands. A lot of it is going to Eastern Europe.
You asserted that China is losing market share, but what does that really mean in terms of what China is "paying"? It is entirely possible that any fewer sales in the US could be made up elsewhere.
If products are costing more in the US, it seems that the US consumer is the only one "paying".

Reactions: noonereal
Jul 2018
It is entirely possible that any fewer sales in the US could be made up elsewhere.
and they are/will.

Under Trump China has made ANY in roads into other markets which they would not have been able to withing rumps actions.
I have spoken to this in many posts.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I just told you that Chinese products are losing market share due to higher prices? That is not rocket science. Inflation was already on the rise before the trade war, are you oblivious to prices when shopping?

I lot of the brands that I sell are already pulling manufacturing out of China, including American and European owned brands. A lot of it is going to Eastern Europe.
That's not what your leader says, he says no inflation so he keeps interfering with the fed trying to get them to drop the interest rates and reistitute E. So far the only thing he has managed to drop is the stock market.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North

Any links to justify your anecdote?

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
You asserted that China is losing market share, but what does that really mean in terms of what China is "paying"? It is entirely possible that any fewer sales in the US could be made up elsewhere.
If products are costing more in the US, it seems that the US consumer is the only one "paying".
The US is their biggest market. Europe uses Eastern Europe like we do with China, and they are actually also in a trade war with China, particularly STEEL. Even India is in a trade war with China.

What brands do you sell?
A lot of brands. Almost anything out of China has gone up and is STILL going up in price, to the point now that people are no longer buying Chinese products only because of price point. One German brand that had so much of their stuff made from China just recently pulled of the North American market and announced they will relaunch after relocation manufacturing to Czech Republic. One American brand has already moved to Poland and Hungary.

Jul 2018
The US is their biggest market. Europe uses Eastern Europe like we do with China, and they are actually also in a trade war with China, particularly STEEL. Even India is in a trade war with China.

A lot of brands. Almost anything out of China has gone up and is STILL going up in price, to the point now that people are no longer buying Chinese products only because of price point. One German brand that had so much of their stuff made from China just recently pulled of the North American market and announced they will relaunch after relocation manufacturing to Czech Republic. One American brand has already moved to Poland and Hungary.
specifically, what brands/products do you sell that you are speaking of?

Thanks

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
Any links to justify your anecdote?
Sorry, I'm not about to lose my internet mystery. But it is everywhere if you just put down the "Trump bad" mentality for a bit. Even t-shirt printers are buying American blanks again - I know because I just came back from a trade show, and all the vendors give away t-shirts as part of their brand advertisement every year, and this year only one t-shirt itself is made in China. I sell things that no one actually need to survive, it is all reliant on disposable income.

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
So does this mean trump ties and campaign materials are now more expensive?

Usa Flags?
That is fake news and Bernie Sanders smear. According to factcheck,org, Trump campaign spending records show no payments to Chinese factories. According to the factory shown making Trump banners, the factory said that the buyer was IN CHINA. Probably someone trying to sell them on Alibaba.