CHRISTCHURCH IS STILL REELING FROM NEW ZEALAND’S WORST MASS SHOOTING

Jul 2018
Earth
Nah, I'm sorry. This thread hit a nerve. We were helpless to save my brother, as this family was to save their son. Trump shit on that with his love for Kim. Some people have no shame. I just don't get it.

If there is a hell, and seriously, I really hope there is, Trump will have a special room that caters to every evil thing that man has done in the world.

What was done to Otto Warmbier should have been considered an act of war. At the very least requiring sanctions. Trump? Oh Kim didn't know, we're best friends. Fuck you, Trump. You fucking piece of shit.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/01/politics/otto-warmbier-family-trump-north-korea/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/01/politics/otto-warmbier-family-trump-north-korea/index.html
Otto was an idiot for going to North Korea in the first place.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
My youngest lives in Auckland. From her:

Heavily armed personnel are eerywhere. Still have security people posted in my work building (90% govt offices) and cops with machine guns at the mosques. It's different dad.

What a shame. Auckland has no racial majority. Walking the downtown streets was a pure pleasure a year ago.

“There’s something about Christchurch now. There’s this weird cloud over it.”
...New Zealanders have responded with love for — and curiosity about — the country’s Muslim community. “We lost 50, but we gained 5 million,” Mazharuddin Syed Ahmed told VICE News inside Masjid Al Noor, making reference to New Zealand’s population.​
Thousands have visited mosques across the country, and that support, Ahmed said, has been warmly received. “Now, as a dark person and as a person from another country, I am counted. I am somebody in this country. And I am sorry to say it has happened, but by the same token it has given us so much blessing.”​
Anthony Jamaal Green, 71, who has been appointed to an interim council of the Muslim Association of Canterbury for a six-month period in the wake of March 15, joined the conversation. He was overseas at the time of the atrocity, but he still shares in the community's deep, vivid and visceral trauma. “You can’t unfeel, in a sense, the blood of someone else pouring on you. You can’t unsee things that are not talked about in the news, which are, you know, seeing parts of the skull of somebody who was a dear friend, someone you prayed beside.”​
Green and Ahmed agree that New Zealand has a big problem — the rise of the alt-right, white-supremacist beliefs of the type that motivated the Christchurch terrorist. On Thursday evening, a 33-year-old man in a "Trump for New Zealand" T-shirt was arrested after allegedly shouting “All Muslims are terrorists” outside Masjid Al Noor while kicking at the tributes left to the victims. University students in Auckland have written an open letter claimingthat since Christchurch the far right has been on the rise on campus. “We have a teaching in Islam,” Green said, “that says when there is an organ in the body which if it is sick then the whole body is sick, and that is the heart. And that applies on the micro level of the individual, it applies within a community, it applies within the wider community, and it applies within the world.”​

Trump for New Zealand, of course.

Lots more at the link above.
Never been to New Zealand but they are called Kiwi's. I would rather deal with a Kiwi rather than a Limey.

Mar 2019
Texas
Nah, I'm sorry. This thread hit a nerve. We were helpless to save my brother, as this family was to save their son. Trump shit on that with his love for Kim. Some people have no shame. I just don't get it.

If there is a hell, and seriously, I really hope there is, Trump will have a special room that caters to every evil thing that man has done in the world.

What was done to Otto Warmbier should have been considered an act of war. At the very least requiring sanctions. Trump? Oh Kim didn't know, we're best friends. Fuck you, Trump. You fucking piece of shit.

How would the usa sanction themselves over otto? After all it was the usa and his parents that pulled the plug and denied an autopsy even though it is federal law that in such cases an autopsy be done. Medical examiners noted that he had no evidence of abuse.

Dec 2016
Canada
On our long-running CBC Radio newsmagazine show - As It Happens, they ran this followup story yesterday about the New Zealand Mosque Massacre:

Girl, 5, shot in Christchurch mosque attack awakens from coma unable to see

Wasseim Alsati and his daughter Alen were shot outside Al Noor mosque in March
CBC Radio · Posted: Apr 15, 2019 6:59 PM ET | Last Updated: April 15

Five-year-old Alen Daraghmih was shot in the Christchurch, N.Z., mosque attacks and spent several weeks in a coma. (Submitted by Wasseim Alsati )

The last thing Christchurch mosque shooting survivor Wasseim Alsati remembers before he lost consciousness is his daughter's tiny belly covered in blood.​
The New Zealand barber had a rare morning off on March 15, and he decided to spend it with his then-four-year-old girl Alen Daraghmih and take her to mosque with him.​
"That was her first time in life to come with me to the mosque," Alsati told As It Happens host Carol Off.​
But before they even got inside Al Noor, both father and daughter were shot and left for dead.................................................................................​
Monday marks one month since a gunman slaughtered 50 people at two Chrirstchurch, N.Z., mosques. For the survivors, the road to recovery has been a long one.​
Alen awoke from her coma during the first week of April. She turned five while she was still unconscious — a birthday her father thought she'd never live to see.​
She's had eight surgeries so far, and doctors say it could be another six months before they can assess just how bad the damage is.​
She can't see anything and is just barely responsive, he said. On Monday, she spoke, answering simple questions with "yes" or "no."​
"It's amazing news to me, but I don't want to rush things," Alsati said. "I do believe she will get better."​
Alsati, meanwhile, took a bullet to the hip and is unable to walk. He still has bullet fragments in his body. Doctors tell him it will be at least another 18 months before he's back on his feet...........................................................................​