Christian Organizations Being Very Christian ... Again ...

Apr 2014
Heart of America
These assholes DESERVE to be demonized. They're evil! Calling out evil is not part of the problem. Evil people like these idiots are the problem.
Yes, they do. However, instead of painting all Christians (or any religious group) with the same brush as these assholes, why not push for better enforcement of tax-exempt status and beefing up the rules on political activities of 501(c)(3) organizations. That would allow legitimate religious groups to continue having tax exempt status and reveal douchebags like "Liberty Counsel" for who they are.

The Restriction of Political Campaign Intervention by Section 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Organizations | Internal Revenue Service

May 2018
Chicago
A. Untrue. The title of your thread is enough but the fact you posted an article without comment indicates you agree with the content of that article. Additionally your second post, post #3, indicates your feelings towards Christians.

B. A point where you and I can agree to disagree. I dislike special rules for special people. It's a bad precedent. You disagree. Fine.

C. Could have fooled me given your constant attacks on Christians. Regardless of what belief system you choose to label yourself, the fact remains you have a strong dislike for Christians. Why?

D. So you say. Actions speak louder than words and words matter.
A. The thread title was sarcastic. If you didn't catch that, that's your problem.

B. No, it's not bad precedent. If you are a person who commits crimes against others just because they exist, you're dangerous as hell and need to be locked up for longer than people who commit the same crime for different reasons.

C. You might try listening for a damn change. He's attacking bigots who use Christianity as an excuse to hurt other people, not Christians. If you cannot see the difference, well bless your heart.

D. On more time- LISTEN for a change before you type.

May 2018
Chicago
Yes, they do. However, instead of painting all Christians (or any religious group) with the same brush as these assholes, why not push for better enforcement of tax-exempt status and beefing up the rules on political activities of 501(c)(3) organizations. That would allow legitimate religious groups to continue having tax exempt status and reveal douchebags like "Liberty Counsel" for who they are.

The Restriction of Political Campaign Intervention by Section 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Organizations | Internal Revenue Service
Where did anyone paint all Christians as the same? This has already been explained to you.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
A. The thread title was sarcastic. If you didn't catch that, that's your problem.

B. No, it's not bad precedent. If you are a person who commits crimes against others just because they exist, you're dangerous as hell and need to be locked up for longer than people who commit the same crime for different reasons.

C. You might try listening for a damn change. He's attacking bigots who use Christianity as an excuse to hurt other people, not Christians. If you cannot see the difference, well bless your heart.

D. On more time- LISTEN for a change before you type.
A. I'm sure Tristan appreciates you speaking for him. Do you do so because he's too weak or unable to do it himself?

B. Disagreed. You want special rules for special people, I think everyone should be treated equally.

C. It's not just this one post or the title. It's several posts on other threads and subsequent posts on this one. Again, I'm sure Tristan appreciates your mansplaining for him.

D. Make me. Let's see how tough you are when it comes to logical discussion and not threats, intimidation, personal attacks and false accusations. Good luck! :)

Where did anyone paint all Christians as the same? This has already been explained to you.
Telling someone they are idiots, stupid, not listening or other insults is not explaining anything. It just makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Not saying all Republicans believe this, but there are two positions I've never understood how the right can hold:

1. Being gay is a choice. No one is born gay
2. Transgenderism is a mental illness. They're born with the defect.

So these evangelicals are holding the position that the LGBT community shouldn't be protected because they're choosing to be this way. But the folks in the T community are just mentally ill.

Those two things can't be true at the same time.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Completely putting aside my personal (and unwaverable) opinion on the choice issue ...

It makes no difference if one chooses to be gay or transgendered - or if they are "born that way" (because so many people would choose to live a life that forced them to be on the internet defending their very right to exist :rolleyes:) - everybody should be treated equally. There is NOTHING as clear a "choice" as the direction you turn your car on Sunday morning, and yet your religion makes you protected from hate crime legislation. Choice should not enter into it.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
A. Untrue. The title of your thread is enough but the fact you posted an article without comment indicates you agree with the content of that article. Additionally your second post, post #3, indicates your feelings towards Christians.

B. A point where you and I can agree to disagree. I dislike special rules for special people. It's a bad precedent. You disagree. Fine.

C. Could have fooled me given your constant attacks on Christians. Regardless of what belief system you choose to label yourself, the fact remains you have a strong dislike for Christians. Why?

D. So you say. Actions speak louder than words and words matter.
If you are incapable of grasping clearly sarcastic comments, we will be unable to converse.
557a1f3f9efb4.jpeg

It's not for special people, it's for special GROUPS of people. Again, if you can't discern the difference, we can't communicate.

My "constant" attack on Christianity? Your hyperbole is noted and duly dismissed. I rarely enter into discussions regarding religion here. Unless religion enters the poltiical arena I see no reason to discuss such an intimate subject with strangers. And, yet again, your presumptions and assumptions are wrong and I have no intentions of explaining "why" to you ... I don't have to explain myself to you. I'm not on trial here.

Yes. Words matter. And yours are offensive in this instance. I'm through with this now and have read and written all I'm going to of your viewpoints on this issue.

May 2018
Chicago
A. I'm sure Tristan appreciates you speaking for him. Do you do so because he's too weak or unable to do it himself?

B. Disagreed. You want special rules for special people, I think everyone should be treated equally.
No, you want all crimes treated equally. If that was appropriate, we would not have judges and juries.

C. It's not just this one post or the title. It's several posts on other threads and subsequent posts on this one. Again, I'm sure Tristan appreciates your mansplaining for him.
I'm sure he does too.

D. Make me. Let's see how tough you are when it comes to logical discussion and not threats, intimidation, personal attacks and false accusations. Good luck! :)
Where was there a threat or personal attack in that post? And that post intimidated you? Are you serious?

Telling someone they are idiots, stupid, not listening or other insults is not explaining anything. It just makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution.
I'm gonna tell you something right now- people like these IDIOTS in the Liberty Counsel are just that- IDIOTS. Have you ever dealt with these people face to face? Because I have. There is no explaining anything to them. There is no discussion to be had. They are not going to listen, nor will they ever change. They have one goal, to get rid of LGBT people. There are evil people in the world and these people are indeed evil. Try being nice to these people and they will kick you in the face in a second. Trust me, I've been there. If they thought they could get away with it, they'd have us killed. And no, I'm not being dramatic. Shit, just read the OP. But here's more:

10 Things You Should Know About The Liberty Counsel | Human Rights Campaign

Furthermore, these people are NOT Christians.

Last edited:
May 2018
USA

I understand and agree with much of your post. However I wanted to make the following observation. Many times I've had people tell me "you can't judge a religion on the actions of it's adherents". I usually reply, "What better way is there?". The same stuff the Christians always say about the "bad muslims/good muslims" applies here: why aren't the GOOD Christians doing anything about the bad ones?

Jun 2012
Barsoom
The bill is just another example of liberals moving the country further towards a banana republic.

I do not know anything about this organization, but if the Southern Poverty Law Center labeled them a terrorist organization, then then I would support them.