Christian Organizations Being Very Christian ... Again ...

Apr 2014
Heart of America
If you are incapable of grasping clearly sarcastic comments, we will be unable to converse.....
ROFLMAO. I got the same argument from a RWer just minutes ago on another thread. Good to see political extremists come together in disrespecting little ol' me!
I you understood the logistics of border protection like the people who actually protect it you wouldn't post such uninformed nonsolutions as ladder tech etc.....

Apr 2014
Heart of America
I understand and agree with much of your post. However I wanted to make the following observation. Many times I've had people tell me "you can't judge a religion on the actions of it's adherents". I usually reply, "What better way is there?". The same stuff the Christians always say about the "bad muslims/good muslims" applies here: why aren't the GOOD Christians doing anything about the bad ones?
Exactly which makes those Christians who say such things hypocrites. My point is that most Christians don't say that and, like most Muslims, are too busy with their own lives and families to worry about telling others how to live.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
To be fair, you do seem to be rather delicate.
Thanks for the insult. You obviously have nothing to add but insults and personal attacks. It's proof of your inablity to formulate an intelligent reply to a discussion.

People who only attack those who disagree with them are often low IQ or poorly educated individuals although there is also the possibility of a mental or physical disorder such as anger issues or a shut-in.

What was so egregious in my posts? I disagreed with the OP. That's all I did.
The bigotry is easy to see. Anyone who tars all of one group for the actions of a very small minority is guilty of pushing a bigoted agenda. I've seen it in racists to use examples of gang-bangers in Chicago raping a woman in order to blame all black Americans. It's a strategy that promotes hate and divides Americans who seek to find peaceful, civil ways to resolve our nation's problems.

That said, I have several problems with your proposal; First, I'd prefer religious groups stay out of politics. In many instances it violates their tax exempt status. Now you are pushing for more Christians to become involved in politics to stop assholes like the bigoted douchebags in the "Liberty Counsel". IMO, the best solution isn't to encourage more religious involvement in politics but to tighten up rules and enforcement regarding tax-exempt status of religious organizations. OTOH, I think you are more interested in lynching all Christians than in making the US a more just and fair nation.

Second, I'm against "hate crimes". Murder is murder. Lynching, multiple shootings, burning and being dragged behind a car make a murder more heinous, but it shouldn't matter the religion, gender, skin tone or any other factor either the victim or the murderers. If a friend and I are murdered by the KKK with him being black and me being white, why should the murderers be charged with extra crimes for his murder and not mine? Isn't that racist?

Lastly, I strongly support keeping government secular but the atheists who constantly demonize (<--note the irony) Christians (oddly, not Jews or Muslims) are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

May 2018
Chicago
Thanks for the insult. You obviously have nothing to add but insults and personal attacks. It's proof of your inablity to formulate an intelligent reply to a discussion.
If you think that's a personal attack, then I was right.

People who only attack those who disagree with them are often low IQ or poorly educated individuals although there is also the possibility of a mental or physical disorder such as anger issues or a shut-in.
"Hi kettle, you're black." Did you even see what you just wrote?

See post #7 again. Tristan in no way insulted you, but you went after him anyway. You really should take a good look in the mirror and then read what people actually write before you reply. Instead, you've been jumping to conclusions and then getting upset when people call you out.

Last edited:
Apr 2013
Left coast
A. Untrue. The title of your thread is enough but the fact you posted an article without comment indicates you agree with the content of that article. Additionally your second post, post #3, indicates your feelings towards Christians.

B. A point where you and I can agree to disagree. I dislike special rules for special people. It's a bad precedent. You disagree. Fine.

C. Could have fooled me given your constant attacks on Christians. Regardless of what belief system you choose to label yourself, the fact remains you have a strong dislike for Christians. Why?

D. So you say. Actions speak louder than words and words matter.
There are christians and then there are the fundie menace, two different critters. Anyone who knows tris at all knows he is in fact talking about the fundie menace but is a bit more polite than me.

Apr 2013
Left coast
To reexamine the example of a white and a black guy getting killed and the crime being worse wrt the black guy:

If they were both robberies, hate crime does not come into it. If the black guy was killed just because he's black, then it's a hate crime. That's the difference.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
If you are incapable of grasping clearly sarcastic comments, we will be unable to converse.
View attachment 2640

It's not for special people, it's for special GROUPS of people. Again, if you can't discern the difference, we can't communicate.

My "constant" attack on Christianity? Your hyperbole is noted and duly dismissed. I rarely enter into discussions regarding religion here. Unless religion enters the poltiical arena I see no reason to discuss such an intimate subject with strangers. And, yet again, your presumptions and assumptions are wrong and I have no intentions of explaining "why" to you ... I don't have to explain myself to you. I'm not on trial here.

Yes. Words matter. And yours are offensive in this instance. I'm through with this now and have read and written all I'm going to of your viewpoints on this issue.
I miss Dr. House
:crying:

Apr 2014
Heart of America
There are christians and then there are the fundie menace, two different critters. Anyone who knows tris at all knows he is in fact talking about the fundie menace but is a bit more polite than me.
Agreed. The fundies, like militant atheists, are free to express their views, but I do not condone them and will actively refute them as I initially posted on this thread.

I don't know Tristan and can only go by what he posts and by the posts of which he supports such as this one:
F*** the religious right and the right in general. This is exactly why people hate right wingers. No more excuses for those on the right who disagree and say nothing. If you you don't stand up against people like this, you're just as guilty.
While you are correct, @RNG: Trists initial post didn't say anything because all he did was cut and paste a flamebait article and titling the thread. He didn't post a comment. However, when people like Leek posted their dribble and personal attacks, Trist quickly shows his support.

He did post this:
Can you imagine a group of supposed Christian leaders fighting to keep it from being made illegal to lynch gays and transgendered?!

I know they're ignorant and bigoted ... but this truly gobsmacks me.

I did know that there was an addendum on the trade agreement with Mexico that states the U.S. already complies with all gay equal rights laws (which is not true).
Here's an example of my point. Nazis march in Charlottesville, VA at the "Unite the Right" rally resulting on one woman murdered and 19 people injured by a Neo-Nazi. Trump's response? He didn't denounce the White Nationalists. He said both "hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides " and "very fine people on both sides". Trump didn't march in the parade. He's never carried a Nazi or Confederate flag. In fact, on the surface, he seemed to play mediator, a voice of reason. You and I both know that is bullshit. He was giving tacit support to Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists. I see Trist doing exactly the same thing to by attacking me and supporting RW haters like @leekohler2.

Unite the Right rally - Wikipedia
Theme