Christian Organizations Being Very Christian ... Again ...

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Is it not proper for a man of virtue to condemn men of sin?
Are you a Christian? If so, don't Christians believe the words of Jesus?

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Jul 2018
Earth
Can you imagine a group of supposed Christian leaders fighting to keep it from being made illegal to lynch gays and transgendered?!

I know they're ignorant and bigoted ... but this truly gobsmacks me.

I did know that there was an addendum on the trade agreement with Mexico that states the U.S. already complies with all gay equal rights laws (which is not true).
Do you realize it took over 100 years and 200 attempts for the sorry-assed Congress Critters to pass a law that makes lynching a federal crime?
US Senate finally passes anti-lynching law

And guess who blocked all of those attempts?

Jul 2018
Earth
Are you a Christian? If so, don't Christians believe the words of Jesus?

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
As it says in 1 Corinthians 6:3 (TLB) = "Don’t you realize that we Christians will judge and reward the very angels in heaven? So you should be able to decide your problems down here on earth easily enough."

Apr 2014
Heart of America
As it says in 1 Corinthians 6:3 (TLB) = "Don’t you realize that we Christians will judge and reward the very angels in heaven? So you should be able to decide your problems down here on earth easily enough."
Jesus quotes trump Paul quotes.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
The words bastardized by man for his own wants?
I think many of the direct quotes from Jesus have a basis in fact. Comparing the OT and the NT, specifically the words of Jesus is a night and day comparison. Jesus sounds more like a Buddhist than an old time Wrath of God rabbi. Kinda makes you wonder where he spent those years between age 12 and 33? The adult Jesus' ministry only lasted about 2-3 years where he collected his disciples and began his journey until ending up in Jerusalem for the last week of his life.

If anyone bastardized the message of Jesus it was Paul. Paul was a return to the Wrath of God style, completely different from Jesus. Want to preach hate, fire and brimstone? Quote the OT or Paul. Want to preach peace, love and forgiveness? Quote Jesus. I do agree that all the words in the Bible have been filtered by man and specific books cherry-picked by the Councils of Nicaea, but I also think the messages of Jesus do filter through.