Christian support for Trump

Feb 2019
here and there
I've seen many people perplexed as to why Christians support Donald Trump. How can they support a man that has had so many affairs? How can they support a man who has seemingly been areligious all of his life? How? Well what is the alternative? How can a Christian support those who support abortion, which is something almost all Christians universally condemn as murder?

But what puzzles me even more is, why does the Catholic church focus on giving sermons on the evils of building walls, or the evils of global warming, when according to the RCC, abortion is mass genocide?

But then it hit me, they did not do much to publically condemn one of the last mass genocides in human history either.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Sooooo you not only hate Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists.... but also "some" Christians. The ones that are not you.

Understand this. Trump is evil.

This is a classical battle between good and evil.

Supporting Trump is choosing evil no matter how you bastardize your religion's teachings.

Last edited:
Feb 2019
here and there
Sooooo you not only hate Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists.... but also "some" Christians. The ones that are not you.

Understand this. Trump is evil.

This is a classical battle between good and evil.

Supporting Trump is choosing evil no matter how you bastardize your religion's teachings.
I see, so you took what I said and interpreted this as me hating Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and some Christians?

So you are accusing me of racism for critiquing the church for down playing or ignoring its own theological positions and for Christians ignoring their church's teachings?

Trump is evil? How so?

Your name would not be Smollett, would it?

Feb 2019
here and there
LOL, I just checked out the new member forum and they spelled out the rules here.

Welcome to DTT!

Founded in 2005, the Defending the Truth political forums was created for open discussions of political topics and current events. We welcome everyone, and the community is free to join. We want to encourage all political ideologies to discuss political issues, government policies, and more.

We don't expect everyone to agree with one another, but please attack the position and not the person. We owe it to the community to build a welcoming environment for all political viewpoints, and we lose the fun when someone's purpose is to degrade or negatively disrupt a healthy debate or conversation.

Hilarious.

Not to worry Lefties, I'm no PC Nazi like you all are, so I won't report ya.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I was hoping for some intelligent debate, but apparently people just call each other names here.
Intelligent debate can be had. Just need to figure out which members to pay attention to and which ones not to.

You also might want to consider your approach in stimulating intelligent debate. For example, do you think having a debate on Christianity and how members of the faith support the president is helped or hindered by you also posting a picture of people we don't know giving the Nazi salute? Personally, that looks like you're trying to trigger an argument rather than a debate.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
LOL, I just checked out the new member forum and they spelled out the rules here.

Welcome to DTT!

Founded in 2005, the Defending the Truth political forums was created for open discussions of political topics and current events. We welcome everyone, and the community is free to join. We want to encourage all political ideologies to discuss political issues, government policies, and more.

We don't expect everyone to agree with one another, but please attack the position and not the person. We owe it to the community to build a welcoming environment for all political viewpoints, and we lose the fun when someone's purpose is to degrade or negatively disrupt a healthy debate or conversation.

Hilarious.

Not to worry Lefties, I'm no PC Nazi like you all are, so I won't report ya.
Yea this looks like a post from someone looking for intelligent debates