Christian Thought of the Day

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
An absolute truth must be true for all time, perfectly expressed, in a way that is perfectly clear, immune to translation errors, and perfectly understood.
And the Bible contains NONE of that.

I also fail to see how the human mind can fail to hold that. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Jul 2018
Earth
1 Timothy 5:23 (CEV) = "23 Stop drinking only water. Take a little wine to help your stomach trouble and the other illnesses you always have."

Jun 2018
Toronto
Matt 24:39-42

so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

KJV

That's 50% save rate. Chuck Norris does better.

Jul 2018
Earth
This should have ben the last passage in the Bible =

2 Maccabees 15:37-39 (CEB) =
"...So at this point I will stop. 38 If the story was told effectively, this is what I wanted. But if it was told in a poor and mediocre fashion, this was the best I could do. 39 Just as it is harmful to drink wine or water alone while wine mixed with water is delightful and produces joy, so also may the writing of this story delight the ears of those who encounter this work.

The end."

Apr 2013
Left coast
This should have ben the last passage in the Bible =

2 Maccabees 15:37-39 (CEB) =
"...So at this point I will stop. 38 If the story was told effectively, this is what I wanted. But if it was told in a poor and mediocre fashion, this was the best I could do. 39 Just as it is harmful to drink wine or water alone while wine mixed with water is delightful and produces joy, so also may the writing of this story delight the ears of those who encounter this work.

The end."
You'd believe someone who drinks watered down wine?