Christians Should Take a Bullet Rather Than Accept Gays

May 2016
Oz
“What would you take a bullet for?” Graham asked. “What are the principles and beliefs that you would not compromise under any circumstances? Even if it meant putting your life on the line?”

So Tristan, would you take a bullet rather than forswearing your homosexuality?

Dec 2015
Arizona
Religious zealots like Graham have turned more people away from Christianity than anyone I know. His hateful, disgusting rhetoric is so far from Christian doctrine it makes me sick. As far as I'm concerned Graham is like so many others who call themselves Christians, but do not walk the Christian path. Our world is filled with greed, anger, lust, selfishness and violence, but does Graham speak of redemption or God's grace? Nope.
WE Christians are called by God to love our neighbor--to feed the poor, care for the sick and house the homeless. The gospel of Jesus teaches hope, generosity, faith and salvation. It's never been about hate or bigotry. Apparently Graham missed a lot of classes in seminary.

Reactions: 5 people
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
“What would you take a bullet for?” Graham asked. “What are the principles and beliefs that you would not compromise under any circumstances? Even if it meant putting your life on the line?”

So Tristan, would you take a bullet rather than forswearing your homosexuality?
"forswear" it?

you mean like I could "forswear" having blue eyes?

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Religious zealots like Graham have turned more people away from Christianity than anyone I know. His hateful, disgusting rhetoric is so far from Christian doctrine it makes me sick. As far as I'm concerned Graham is like so many others who call themselves Christians, but do not walk the Christian path. Our world is filled with greed, anger, lust, selfishness and violence, but does Graham speak of redemption or God's grace? Nope.
WE Christians are called by God to love our neighbor--to feed the poor, care for the sick and house the homeless. The gospel of Jesus teaches hope, generosity, faith and salvation. It's never been about hate or bigotry. Apparently Graham missed a lot of classes in seminary.
As the resident "militant" atheist I have to point out that while some of the message of the bible speaks of love and caring a LOT of the bible calls for hate and violence. While right wing whack jobs like Phelps ignore the love part the "liberal" Christians tend to ignore the horrific teachings of the bible.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I believe most of the "horrific" parts are in the Old Testament which were rescinded when "Christ died for our sins" and the New Covenant was born. The New Testament is mostly love and peace.