CIA implicated in invasion and robbery of N Korean embassy in Madrid

Apr 2013
La La Land North
This could become a real shit-fest. The story that lead me to it the Axios World newsletter does say that there are no other sources saying this but this source is the second largest Spanish newspaper and not some National Enquirer clone.

CIA implicated in attack on North Korean embassy in Madrid
According to Spanish investigators, two of the men who broke into the diplomatic headquarters have connections to the US intelligence service
Investigators from the Spanish police and National Intelligence Center (CNI) have linked an attack on the North Korean embassy in Madrid on February 22 to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Sources believe the goal of the attack embassy was to get information on the former North Korean ambassador to Spain

At least two of the 10 assailants who broke into the embassy and interrogated diplomatic staff have been identified and have connections to the US intelligence agency. The CIA has denied any involvement but government sources say their response was “unconvincing.”

If it is proven that the CIA was behind the attack, it could lead to a diplomatic spat between Madrid and Washington. Government sources say that it would be “unacceptable” for an ally to take such action. Not only would it mean that the US agency had operated on Spanish soil without asking for authorization or informing the authorities, it would also be a violation of the international conventions that protect diplomatic delegations.
More at CIA implicated in attack on North Korean embassy in Madrid

Sep 2017
Hell
I may be way wrong, but I don't believe for a second that the CIA would be behind such a clumsy operation. It smells of a false flag ruse.

Nov 2012
Michigan
I totally believe the CIA could and would be part of a clumsy operation. I am a little surprised the current crop of left wing educated wimps infesting that organization would have the guts to try it.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Their operation in Italy was much more successful !!! There was a "break in" at the Nigerian Embassy and when the Italian police "investigated" they oooppppssss just happen to find "documents" (badly forged documents at that) about Saddam trying to buy yellow cake from Nigeria. Italian security handed the documents over the the US and the Brits. The rest they say is history.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
There are now reports that the Embassy break-in was conducted by a team sent by an anti-Kimmy N Korean group. But I personally find that harder to believe than that the CIA did it because with the internal security they have combined with the lack of funds, I doubt a group big enough or rich enough to pull something like that off could exist.

This hasn't been reported in media yet, I can only find it on twitter.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I totally believe the CIA could and would be part of a clumsy operation. I am a little surprised the current crop of left wing educated wimps infesting that organization would have the guts to try it.
Yeah right, God forbid we allow educated people into one of the INTELLIGENCE services.

Sep 2017
Hell
Yeah right, God forbid we allow educated people into one of the INTELLIGENCE services.
Yep. They're supposed to be trained spies, many with elite experiences and not just a bunch of goobers (no offense intended for our member named goober) that does not even understand the importance of securing a perimeter.