Colorado Lab Results Point to New Culprit in Vaping Cases: A Specific Chemical Used in Cheap Vape Pens

Sep 2019
NYC
Colorado Lab Results Point to New Culprit in Vaping Cases: A Specific Chemical Used in Cheap Vape Pens

A new study by a Colorado lab points to a new potential culprit in the nationwide wave of lung injuries caused by vaping: a rare disease caused by inhalation of a chemical present in many cheap vape pens that is used to fuse metals together.
The study used data from 53 patient cases in Wisconsin and Illinois who suffered severe lung illness due to vaping. From that study, the lab concluded that the vaping illness symptoms directly correlate to an advanced stage of a very rare disease, almost exclusively suffered by welders and others who inhale chemical concoctions, called Metal Fume Fever.
The advanced stage of Metal Fume Fever, which the lab believes are the equivalent of the vaping illnesses, is called Cadmium Pneumonitis.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A little non political topic for discussion, the ongoing vape illness crisis the media seems to be dropping. From vitamin-E to cyanide to now this, I personally think the illnesses are a multi faceted in nature, from cheap chinese vape carts for THC to very high wattage nic vape mods that heat metal to its aresol points. (yuk).... for those of you who vape, are you continuing? do you use bootleg thc carts, are you concerned, do you use high wattage vape mod boxes? are you concerned? do you juul? are you concerned?

Jul 2019
Georgia
here in Georgia one can pretty much only get black-market THC carts. You can get them from legal states- tested carts, but they're much more expensive.

I don't touch them now but I've had a lot in my day that were awesome. It's too much of a risk now, even from trustworthy sources.

they are a great discreet way to toke, that's the benefit I found in them

weed needs to be legalized on the federal level and regulated. until then people are going to black market.

I don't use tobacco or nicotine so I can't comment on that type'a vaping.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReverendHellh0und
Sep 2019
NYC
here in Georgia one can pretty much only get black-market THC carts. You can get them from legal states- tested carts, but they're much more expensive.

I don't touch them now but I've had a lot in my day that were awesome. It's too much of a risk now, even from trustworthy sources.

they are a great discreet way to toke, that's the benefit I found in them

weed needs to be legalized on the federal level and tested. until then people are going to black market.

I don't use tobacco or nicotine so I can't comment on that type'a vaping.

I agree with you here. that said even the most medically marketed legal vape carts (delta9 labs) has failed pesticides tests. You are right it's far too dangerous to risk it today even with such a small outbreak.

Even making your own oil carries risk of the cart containing bad metals unless you go for some known american higher end stuff like linx vapor.

Reactions: se7en