Common Libertarian Myths

Feb 2020
Thx
Ok. Long rant. I take form it that you believe that ALL of personal success is solely due to personal effort. Correct me if I am wrong.
You do not seem to recognize that corporation growth is a natural product of libertarian free enterprise as unregulated capitalism results in success of the successful until a monopoly is established. So you seem to be in favor of limited capitalism but that would require government intervention (in direct violation of libertarian thinking)
I don't think libertarian thinking or ideals can be consistent with some taxation. It seems like the libertarians are decidedly anti-tax, across the board.
Finally, on the issue of "private" vs "public" success, the emphasis on "private" means that the libertarian needs to explain how established and successful public enterprises (like utilities, food and drug oversight, highways, air travel, insurance, professional certification, natural resource management, etc. etc. ) are going to be accomplished by the private sector. And how are emergencies going to be dealt with by the private sector??
So I come back to my reliable position--- libertarian politics is just a wet dream for those who want to whine about the responsibilities and practical chores of a real society.
Man i really got to stop over posting,
Sorry i tend to ramble.
No actually what you said is the same thing i did.
Without taking the long way.

I meant to express i used to be a fan of libertarian ideals, when i was younger and lived by heart and stupidity.
But the world is not black and white and while i still like or maybe wish some of them could work.
There are too many variables that could lead us further away from the few liberties we have left.

We have seen what success can eventually lead to
If unchecked.
Good and bad but much more bad then good.

But in all i agree with you the ideals are utopian.
And like most ideologies you cant stray from whats in the manifesto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: se7en and Biff
Dec 2015
Arizona
He does when his wife drives him.
The Libertarian arguments are ridiculous which is exactly why THERE ARE NO Lib countries anywhere in the world.
The whole blind man doesn't use the interstate argument? That's about the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard.
How does Skyman think our groceries get from one place to another? How does our clothing, our building materials, our fuel, our vehicles, paper products, medical supplies get from one state to another--one city to another.........the list is endless.
What about the water the blind man drinks? The air he breathes? The education he received? The broadcasting he listens to? The support he gets from federal and state agencies? His disability checks? The National Library for the blind featuring books in braille? The government agencies that assist the blind with audio materials and programs?

Everyone uses our highways, bridges, dams, parks, libraries, transportation, schools, law enforcement, health/medical communities, and our MILITARY.

Dec 2015
Arizona
@SkyChief, It is a silly set up thread. The point of this thread is to bait you then bash you. If you keep replying then soon it will turn into a Trump rant. Don't teach those who don't really want to learn. Let them pay your taxes as you are doing now.
Here's my question. If you don't like paying taxes, then why do you pay them? That is an option. There are lots of people who don't pay taxes. There are lots of people who hire a very clever CPA. There are lots of people who just OPT out--completely. They live off the grid. They work for themselves---get cash.
Take a stand. Refuse.
Let us know how that turns out.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Because They are taken at "gunpoint" and I make way to much money to hide my income. However, I avoid paying as much as I can and my accountant who is ex-IRS and I know all the possible write-offs and deductions. Right now I only pay much less than most people of my income level do and by 2022, I will pay nothing. Living off the grid is no longer possible because of modern technology. However, living under the radar is very possible. just, don't own anything that needs can be taxed and don't use electronic money unless it is anonymous such as refillable cards.

I have already paid enough and in one year it is possible that I pay more than you have in your lifetime, who knows?

It will turn out very well.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
The Libertarian arguments are ridiculous which is exactly why THERE ARE NO Lib countries anywhere in the world.
Libertarianism is not meant to be implemented on a national or global level but at the community level such as towns, cities, and counties. I am not a Libertarians so you should go ask them.

Reactions: SkyChief
Dec 2015
Arizona
Because They are taken at "gunpoint" and I make way to much money to hide my income. However, I avoid paying as much as I can and my accountant who is ex-IRS and I know all the possible write-offs and deductions. Right now I only pay much less than most people of my income level do and by 2022, I will pay nothing. Living off the grid is no longer possible because of modern technology. However, living under the radar is very possible. just, don't own anything that needs can be taxed and don't use electronic money unless it is anonymous such as refillable cards.

I have already paid enough and in one year it is possible that I pay more than you have in your lifetime, who knows?

It will turn out very well.
We're so happy for you.

Feb 2020
Kalifornia
you should increase withholdings or pay quarterly estimated to avoid having to write that sad check

also, you technically should be writing it to the United States Treasury, not IRS, but I've learned they'll cash it no matter what it says
LOL - increasing withholdings doesn't change the amount of MY wealth the government takes from me.

My tears are for the hundreds of thousands of dollars taken from me over the years. If they would just pay ⅔ of it back, I could buy the mother-in-law a nice home in the neighborhood.

Feb 2020
Kalifornia
The Libertarian arguments are ridiculous which is exactly why THERE ARE NO Lib countries anywhere in the world. <snip>
Wrong.

The reason there are no libertarian countries is because every time one starts, the dems infiltrate government, gain power and tax the crap out of the citizen.

It's a sure way to keep the boot-heel of government on the necks of the little guy. The power to tax is the power to destroy.

"A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007 and Neil