Congress asked the IRS to report on why it audits the poor more than the affluent.

Sep 2019
Texas
Put that mirror down, and that alcohol!

I don't drink alcohol- stop insulting yourself in public.

Nov 2005
California
Reading comprehension, and/or the lack if it isn't limited or biased to a Party- it can be, however, lain directly at the feet of the education system which both major Party's subscribe to- wonder why that is?
I disagree with your assessment regarding "both major party's [sic] subscribe to (the education system)"
There are plenty of examples on this forum of the Republicans attacking our education system while the left support it, like this thread: Why are most Republicans against education?
In fact, can you find any Republican on that thread defending our education system?

Furthermore, while reading comprehension problems are not "limited" to any party, that comment is woefully insufficient.
It's like saying both Israel and Nazi Germany have killed Jews. While factually correct, it completely ignores the magnitude and reasoning for such killings.
Likewise, the Republican's problems with logic and reading comprehension are of a greater magnitude.

Sep 2019
Texas
I disagree with your assessment regarding "both major party's [sic] subscribe to (the education system)"
There are plenty of examples on this forum of the Republicans attacking our education system while the left support it, like this thread: Why are most Republicans against education?
In fact, can you find any Republican on that thread defending our education system?

Furthermore, while reading comprehension problems are not "limited" to any party, that comment is woefully insufficient.
It's like saying both Israel and Nazi Germany have killed Jews. While factually correct, it completely ignores the magnitude and reasoning for such killings.
Likewise, the Republican's problems with logic and reading comprehension are of a greater magnitude.
Do they continue to fund the Dept of Education? You're analogy illustrates an extreme- my analogy isn't an analogy- it's a fact- extreme though it may be- Republicans subscribe to the same education system- voters don't mean shit- all voters do is continue to get the same rhetorical bullshit- lip service- is DeVos a Republican? Was Reagan a Republican? Bill Bennett? Bush Jr? They claim tweaking it will make it better- and continue to fund it- tweaking something that is not a granted authority in the rules governing them- that is subscribing to-

Nov 2005
California
Do they continue to fund the Dept of Education?
Whether or not a group provides ANY funding to something like the Dept of Education is hardly justification for blindly alleging that the two parties "subscribe" to the same support.
To use this very basic level of thinking, then we could claim that since both parties funded our military's presence in Afghanistan, then both Dems and Repubs "subscribe to" the same support of the war in Afghanistan.

The reality is that neither party lives in a vacuum. If one party were to magically get 100% control of all three branches of government, the government landscape would be very different. There are a variety of interests that the two parties have that they cannot act upon because the other party has enough control to block the interest.

You're analogy illustrates an extreme
You ignore the point of the analogy while complaining that it is "extreme".

Another example would be "Obamacare".
Have Republicans defunded it?
No? By your stunted logic that must prove that both Dems and Repubs subscribe to the same support of Obamacare. :rolleyes:

my analogy isn't an analogy- it's a fact- extreme though it may be- Republicans subscribe to the same education system- voters don't mean shit- all voters do is continue to get the same rhetorical bullshit- lip service-
It is amusing how many facts you disregard because they are not convenient to you.

is DeVos a Republican? Was Reagan a Republican? Bill Bennett? Bush Jr? They claim tweaking it will make it better- and continue to fund it- tweaking something that is not a granted authority in the rules governing them- that is subscribing to-
Again, you ignore a lot to reach the conclusion you want to.
On Monday, Donald Trump’s administration released its budget proposal for the 2020 fiscal year, and the plan isn’t pretty for the Education Department. The proposal requests a roughly $7.1 billion cut in funding for the department compared with 2019, which represents a 10 percent decrease in its budget. The proposed cut is unlikely to go anywhere; like years past, Congress is expected to disregard it for the most part. Instead, more than anything, the proposal is an exposition of the administration’s philosophy on education: It is a state and local issue that the federal government shouldn’t have its hands in.​
A clear sign of a position that is definitively not shared by Democrats.

Feb 2006
California
Rich already paid taxes on income, why should I repay tax on money I already paid tax on?
Pay fair taxes now!

Sep 2019
NYC
Pay fair taxes now!

So if you tax me 40% on average on every dollar I make, how much more are you entitled to if I make a million dollars?