Congress now has a bipartisan Cannabis Caucus

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Sweet!!

We have an alcohol culture. The effects of alcohol have influenced human culture for too long.

Jah-man!

A bipartisan group of lawmakers — Reps. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), Jared Polis (D-Colo.), Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.), and Don Young (R-Alaska) — this week announced the Congressional Cannabis Caucus. The group is the first of its kind, devoted to prodding the federal government to catch up with the move toward legalization and decriminalization of marijuana at the state and local level. Notably, all four representatives hail from states that have already made pot legal for recreational use.

"The federal government's decades-long approach to marijuana is a colossal, cruel joke, and most Americans know it," Rohrabacher said in a press release introducing the caucus. "Not only have incalculable amounts of taxpayers' dollars been wasted, but countless lives have been unnecessarily disrupted and even ruined by misguided law enforcement."

Though the caucus did not spell out particular policy goals, its members indicated a willingness to fight any Trump team moves toward a more aggressive drug war. "I'm very happy with the idea that if we have to we’ll bump heads with the attorney general," Young said of new Attorney General Jess Sessions, a die-hard drug warrior. Rohrabacher was more blunt: "The Trump administration should and will get the word that things have changed in the countryside, and they better not just be stuck in the '50s and '60s," he said.​

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
That may have something to do w/ this

The Drug Enforecment Agency (DEA) quietly removed a 45-page document from its website which had long been criticized for stating inaccuracies and making false statements about cannabis.

According to The Cannabist, “‘The Dangers and Consequences of Marijuana Abuse,’ a nearly 45-page publication on the various ramifications of cannabis use, no longer was available on the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration’s website.” One statement, found on page 7, made the following claim, “Legalization of marijuana, no matter how it begins, will come at the expense of our children and public safety. It will create dependency and treatment issues, and open the door to use of other drugs, impaired health, delinquent behavior, and drugged drivers."

However, we at TFTP have addressed those myths associated with cannabis, all of which directly contradict the DEA’s controversial statement. As our very own Matt Agorist once wrote, the eyes of the world are being opened to the wondrous medical benefits of marijuana. “Cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells, save the lives of countless epileptic children, treat PTSD, heal bones, treat brain trauma, and a slew of other uses science is only beginning to understand. And yet, the only thing dangerous about this seemingly miraculous plant is that police will kidnap, cage, or kill you for possessing it.”

Read more at DEA Just Quietly Removed Document About Marijuana Health Risks From Website
The weeds have been all over the free thought project as of late. Times they are a changing. The real opponents are the prison workers union, police union, the DEA and big pharma. The refer madness crowd are all dying or dead.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
That may have something to do w/ this

The weeds have been all over the free thought project as of late. Times they are a changing. The real opponents are the prison workers union, police union, the DEA and big pharma. The refer madness crowd are all dying or dead.
The prison workers union, police union, the DEA and big pharma, and all the people who consider themselves to be a "better" human being for not consuming cannabis, and all the chicken shit politicians who cater to those people.

I want to explore medicinal uses, so almost all the crop I grew last year has been turned into oil extracts, mainly butter, and tinctures. Measuring dosages is a challenge. The basic formula for edibles and tinctures is an ounce of cannabis to a pound of butter, and an ounce of cannabis to 1-1/2 cup of Everclear.

About 65-70 doses per ounce of cannabis will be present in the butter or the tincture. A stick of butter in a recipe for brownies will make 16 "excellent" brownies, or twice that number f "pretty good" brownies. B) In liquid measure, about 1-1/2 tsp. of the tincture will equal a dose.

I plan to grow a medicinal variety this year, low in THC but high in CBDs.

I love that Big Pharma is hating all this. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
The prison workers union, police union, the DEA and big pharma, and all the people who consider themselves to be a "better" human being for not consuming cannabis, and all the chicken shit politicians who cater to those people.

I want to explore medicinal uses, so almost all the crop I grew last year has been turned into oil extracts, mainly butter, and tinctures. Measuring dosages is a challenge. The basic formula for edibles and tinctures is an ounce of cannabis to a pound of butter, and an ounce of cannabis to 1-1/2 cup of Everclear.

About 65-70 doses per ounce of cannabis will be present in the butter or the tincture. A stick of butter in a recipe for brownies will make 16 "excellent" brownies, or twice that number f "pretty good" brownies. B) In liquid measure, about 1-1/2 tsp. of the tincture will equal a dose.

I plan to grow a medicinal variety this year, low in THC but high in CBDs.

I love that Big Pharma is hating all this. :lol:

I assume that you know this but pre 1938 tinctures were one of the most commonly prescribed remedies in the states.

The laws are ridiculous. It still baffles me that booze is not only legal but basically a prerequisite for social interaction where as weed has been demonized for a better part of the century.

This is the government that people not only trust but place their lives on the line for.