Conservative Men Are Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Science Tells Us Why.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
She is a force because she is brilliant, and she is competent, she put together an insurgent campaign that knocked off a senior level incumbent.
But so did Ayanna Pressley, and you don't see the sheep attacking her. Because AOC is the real deal, she owns the camera, and she excites people all over the country.
And she is especially effective with Latinx audiences, and that is where the greatest number of potential democratic votes can be found.
And she is only starting, and in her the GOP sees permanent exile from power, which is why they have mobilized all their media allies to attack her at every opportunity.
Nope.

But keep pushing that false narritive. It is what your handlers want. Unfortunately the only people who are falling for it is "people" like you.

Thanks for correcting the record.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
I agree but she is being propped up though she has yet to be intellectually changed.

I am not sure who made this analogy but i thought it fit nicely. Something like...

She is like that 1st round draft pick. Was a big deal in school and looked real good on paper. Gets to camp and does not gel in the locker room, fights w/ the QB and does not take the playbook to bed w/ them. Maybe raw talent will translate well on game day but more often than not people like this fizzle out quickly when on the national stage, surrounded by other stars as bright or brighter.
I think she's being propped up as a lightning rod for two reasons; to make the Republicans look vicious and stupid (not too difficult to do) and to make the other Democrats look reasonable.

Dec 2016
Canada
I agree but she is being propped up though she has yet to be intellectually changed.

I am not sure who made this analogy but i thought it fit nicely. Something like...

She is like that 1st round draft pick. Was a big deal in school and looked real good on paper. Gets to camp and does not gel in the locker room, fights w/ the QB and does not take the playbook to bed w/ them. Maybe raw talent will translate well on game day but more often than not people like this fizzle out quickly when on the national stage, surrounded by other stars as bright or brighter.
I've said before -- the people who should be afraid of AOC are the old guard in the Democratic Party....since the word has been put out that she will help the Justice Democrats who want to primary some more Democrat bribe-takers. So, I'm still baffled by all the Republicans and allied media trying to help the corporate center of the Democrats on this one. Then again, with Tulsi Gabbard running for president, they may all be in for a shakeup!

Nov 2012
nirvana
I've said before -- the people who should be afraid of AOC are the old guard in the Democratic Party....since the word has been put out that she will help the Justice Democrats who want to primary some more Democrat bribe-takers. So, I'm still baffled by all the Republicans and allied media trying to help the corporate center of the Democrats on this one. Then again, with Tulsi Gabbard running for president, they may all be in for a shakeup!
It's a very simple platform to understand. Return to pre Reagan tax and economic policy. Protect, and expand Social Security and Medicare.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I think the old guard Dems are beginning to get the picture. Oh sure-- they'll fight it but Democratic and Independent Americans have HAD IT with the old guard. I like Bernie and Biden. But I won't vote for them and neither will a lot of other Democrats. Both parties need young people--people who represent Gen X--people who will lead the next generation into the next decade.
Mr. Clara and I live in a retirement community and believe me, there are LOTS of old geezers who still think they are pretty hot stuff with all their money, experience and conceit. AND there was a time WHEN THEY WERE but that time is over. Their ideas are tired and worn. They have no concept of the new America--the browning of America--the non-Christian America--the technology of America.
This country has been in a downward spiral and it's going to take major changes to take us back to the top. Maybe that will never happen, but I know for a fact it won't happen if the Democratic (or Republican) Party doesn't make some radical changes.

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
Cortez is everything this country has fought against since 1776, and that is the shiny thing that attracts liberals.

She is not smart and she is not educated. That is why no one who touts her great intelligence has yet to present anything by her that would substantiate either or that would overcome the illiterate things she states.
Ah, come on, Jimmy, you may not like her because of her Puerto Rican descent and politics, but she's the epitome of the American dream -- hard working, humble blue collar background, good grades, attended college on a scholarship, articulate, and now pretty successful ... the whole ten yards of ambition and brains.

Last edited:
Jul 2007
NJ
No one on the extremist right likes a progressive east coast liberal woman. It is literally their worst nightmare and now add in that she's also of Puerto Rican descent lmao! To them, she is nothing less than the devil himself and it's because she is not afraid of them at all and knows her strength.

Jul 2007
NJ
Really, what did she say about economics that you found so horrible?
They are saying nothing more than that she is stupid simply because they disagree with her economic ideology. Because of her support of a progressive tax policy! And a desire to protect our social safety nets. Which any true democrat knows is a perfectly acceptable position for someone who is left of center in the party. That certainly doesn't make her stupid.

You know what is stupid? People voting against their own economic best interest over lies being fed to them about white people being short changed in our society. And expecting that the people who are lying to them are going to save them from their made up scenarios and "make America great again" for white people and really for white men most of all. It's so sad that people just like me and you are consistently treated as fools and dotards by the people they vote into office, who convince them they are not just like the rest of us, and the rest of us are evil communists and enemies of the nation, rather than fellow hard working Americans trying to make our lives better and our children's lives better than ours was.