Conservatives and Liberals Agree: Medicare for All Would Be Constitutional

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I honestly get very sick arguing over whether this or that is constitutional, because it should not matter at all, the constitution was written by men who though progressive for their time living in a pre industrial agrarian society, a much less complex society, a much more backwards society where women were chattel and africans were property and indigenous people were treated like vermin to be exterminated , men who were wealthy distrusted the common man and were openly hostile to the concept of Democracy, why do we even respect these men anymore, why has not this document been wadded up and tossed into the garbage can of history?

Teddy Roosevelt governed during a critical time in the industrial revolution and he was one of the first presidents to acknowledge the constitution for what it was, nostalgia for a more simple time a time that no longer exists, and a reality that probably never existed either

Image result for teddy roosevelt quote on the constitution i get so frustrated by people arguing constitutionality because it should not matter what a bunch of dead slave owners wanted its what we want

that said even the most ardent constitutionalists if they are honest admit that medicare for all is 100% constitutional maybe not desirable but perfectly legal to vote on

Conservatives and liberals may disagree about the constitutionality of the individual mandate requiring all uninsured Americans to buy health insurance from private companies or pay a penalty to the IRS.

But there is no debate about whether single-payer Medicare For All would be constitutional. No one — not even the most hard core, right-wing libertarians — disputes that the federal government has the constitutional authority to tax all Americans to pay for Medicare-style health insurance for all, as it pays for Medicare for everyone over 65.

Sep 2019
Here
The statement "All men were created equal" was written by a man who owned slaves. HA HA HA HA.. Go figure.

BTW, I believe the statement to be true.

Sep 2019
Here
Healthcare constitutional? The constitution doesn't say anything about it. And it does say that anything not expressed in the constitution should be left up to the states to decide.

Sep 2019
CA
i get so frustrated by people arguing constitutionality because it should not matter what a bunch of dead slave owners wanted its what we want
You wrote that wrong...it should have read, it shouldn't matter what a bunch of slave owning democrats...or you can say the democratic party, also known as the founders of the KKK...or you can say the same democrats who stood in the doorway preventing black students from entering former white schools...or you could have written it, the democrats like President L. B. Johnson who daily referred to black people as the n word while president.

I know that's who you meant, I just thought I'd help you articulate which party you belong to and who they really are and always have been...hate mongers.

Aug 2018
been around
It may be constitutional - I don't know - but it can't be paid for. That's why Warren ducks every question about cost like Manny Pacquiao in his prime.

Dec 2015
Arizona
It may be constitutional - I don't know - but it can't be paid for. That's why Warren ducks every question about cost like Manny Pacquiao in his prime.
You must be off the grid or watching entirely too many sitcoms. I don't know how ANYONE could have missed Warren's constant explanations. She has answered the Medicare for All questions at the debates (televised). She has answered at her rallies, interviews, off-the-cuff---has debated the issue with any and all other candidates---but somehow you missed it? The plan is all over the internet.

Reactions: RNG
Aug 2018
been around
You must be off the grid or watching entirely too many sitcoms. I don't know how ANYONE could have missed Warren's constant explanations. She has answered the Medicare for All questions at the debates (televised). She has answered at her rallies, interviews, off-the-cuff---has debated the issue with any and all other candidates---but somehow you missed it? The plan is all over the internet.

Lmao, and they accused Reagan of playing voodoo with economics. This isn't the biggest lie I've heard from a politician, but it's in the top 10 for sure. Biden even tears it up.

"To accomplish this sleight of hand, her proposal dramatically understates its cost, overstates its savings, inflates the revenue, and pretends that an employer payroll tax increase is something else," said Biden deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield in a statement released Friday.

Warren knows that if she gets elected and has a Dem House and Senate she can forget the lies and slam the reality through - a HUGE tax increase on the middle class giving everyone's money to the government; then the Dems can do what they want with it while everyone's health care turns into the VA health care where it takes 2 years to get an appointment. No, thank you.

I don't live off the grid or watch too many sitcoms, nor do I insult you personally Clara. I would appreciate same. thanks

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Actually, Warren just released a plan that pays for Medicare for All, without increasing taxes on the middle class, try to keep up

Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Jul 2014
massachusetts
Healthcare constitutional? The constitution doesn't say anything about it. And it does say that anything not expressed in the constitution should be left up to the states to decide.
Medicare was challenged and found to be constitutional.
If Medicare for some is constitutional, expanding it to cover everyone i certainly constitutional.
All the money comes from taxes (100% constitutional), and the expenditures would all be approved by the congress(100% constitutional).
Despite that degree in Constitutional Law you got for 50 cents and ten box tops.......