Coronavirus Issues for Libertarians, Captialists, Conservatives the Brave and the Winners

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Why every person? I'm still getting paid, I don't need it. Give it to those that can't work during this, small business that are barely getting by and this will cripple them. Something will need to be done as we are going to have lots of failed businesses, and a lot of people who need paychecks in order to eat.
I agree. Send Lloyd Christmas' and my and my husband's $1000 to one destitute family...$1k doesn't go far - but $3k might actually really help them out!

edited to add: especially since trump is still cutting food stamps to the needy during this time of epidemic.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
The turd is now trying to cut the payroll tax which will do nothing for all the millions of people that will be out of work. Yeah, he got my vote.
That's the most dangerous thing of all.
He's been trying to get Social Security and Medicare cut since the day he walked into the Oval Office.
If he gets this payroll cut for this 'emergency' there will be a precedent set. He will then have another emergency for - what? - the wall? Whatever. It will spell the doom of the Social Security and Medicare systems in the U.S.

Reactions: RNG and se7en

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I agree. Send Lloyd Christmas' and my and my husband's $1000 to one destitute family...$1k doesn't go far - but $3k might actually really help them out!

edited to add: especially since trump is still cutting food stamps to the needy during this time of epidemic.
That is a great thought, but what would be the mechanism to decide who is needy and who isn't. Things like that used to be based on last year's income tax but in today's society, that is old news.

Canada has found that a better and way simpler way to handle such things is to give it to everyone but tax it back from the higher earners. That way you are using the most recent data available. Of course that isn't foolproof either but we haven't been able to think up a better one.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
The main problem for me right is actually the main problem with the corona hoax. Countries can restrict travel and block entry at any time and put up quarantines without notice. You can just imagine how frustrating that is for me if I have to fly from Kyoto (my base of operation now) to any of those other countries and be stuck there in quarantine (14-2X days) and then have to juggle through 2,3 or 4 countries just to be able to get back home and be quarantined again. Thank God nothing yet.
Just as I thought.

Now as an American citizen I may have trouble going there to manage my investments there. Luckily much can be done through the internet and I have people over there that can help me too. Now perhaps is going to be the time where I will call in some favors with the commies I have wined, dined and given gifts to.

Folks, this is what you call being prepared.