Corporate Virtue Signalling Gone Crazy

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Wow, leftists have gone mad this week and it is beyond funny. Let's look at this weeks craziness.

Dick's Sporting Goods plans to destroy all the assault rifles it pulled off its shelves

Dick's Sporting Goods decided to stop selling assault-style weapons at its stores.

Now the nation's largest sporting goods retailer is going to destroy those guns.

"We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change," the company told CNN.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/us/dicks-sporting-goods-guns-trnd/index.html

Notice how they now say assult "style" weapons now. Curious.

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Now this one is my favorite. I was waiting for someone else to post about this but it is just the gift that keeps giving.

Starbucks will close 8,000 US stores May 29 for racial-bias training

Starbucks says it will close its 8,000 company-owned stores in the United States for one afternoon to educate employees about racial bias.

The announcement follows an uproar over the arrest of two black men who were waiting for a friend at a Philadelphia Starbucks last week. The store manager called the police.

Starbucks will close 8,000 US stores May 29 for racial-bias training

God, i love this story.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Reactions: 1 person
Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Wow, leftists have gone mad this week and it is beyond funny. Let's look at this weeks craziness.

Dick's Sporting Goods plans to destroy all the assault rifles it pulled off its shelves

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/us/dicks-sporting-goods-guns-trnd/index.html

Notice how they now say assult "style" weapons now. Curious.
I will never step foot in Dick's Sporting Goods again which has nothing to do with their publicized gun decision.

I went to Dick's to buy a shotgun for home protection but something was wrong with their computer. Not to be outdone I went to Gun World and the owner talked to the FBI over a speaker phone where I could clearly hear. The FBI gave me immediate approval. Even Joe Biden said everyone needs a shotgun for home protection.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
wait? Sabcat, you say "leftists" and then you post about two mega-corporations. wtf-ever.....

Dick's can do whatever they want, i couldnt care less. it isnt hurting anybody.

The Starbucks story is complete BS. that was one incident in one store, and they are exercising mass punishment on all their employees, and customers too that wont be able to buy their $7 cup of overly sweet espresso. another big company having a knee-jerk reaction to an individual problem.

i'm still waiting for the leftists angle here.....

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Jun 2013
Katmandu