Cost of AOC's Green New Deal

Jun 2013
Katmandu
Also in the OP:
“Any so-called ‘analysis’ of the #GreenNewDeal that includes artificially inflated numbers that rely on lazy assumptions, incl. about policies that aren’t even in the resolution is bogus," Markey said on Twitter. “Putting a price on a resolution of principles, not policies, is just Big Oil misinformation.”
And:

"Backers of the plan say cost of inaction would be more expensive. The resolution itself, released earlier this month by Ocasio-Cortez and Massachusetts Democratic Senator Ed Markey points to a major report on global warming released by the United Nations last October that says catastrophic climate change could cost more than $500 billion annually in lost economic output in the U.S. by 2100."

So Markey thinks we should be spending $5,000 billion a year now to save $500 billion a year 80 years from now?

Dem math for sure.

Feb 2019
nunya
There are aspects of the Green New Deal that we as a nation should strive for. It's an ambitious proposal and one that I think has some interesting tid bits. If you think about it as a contract negotiation, this bill is coming in HIGH and likely expecting to come down as it gets debated and discussed.

But as a collective bill it is one of the most laughably absurd pieces of legislation I've seen.
Exactly, countries like Norway and Denmark emulate many aspects of the Green New Deal. This deal (besides some aspects) are what we need.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Exactly, countries like Norway and Denmark emulate many aspects of the Green New Deal. This deal (besides some aspects) are what we need.
I would just flip that last sentence. We need aspects of this deal, but we do not need this deal.