Covington teenager planning to sue CNN for at least $250M

Oct 2010
Colorado
Until the ignorant person either learns or dies. Still, not immortal.
Ignorance is present in the past as far back as we can see, and it's with us today. People come and go. True, they aren't immortal.

But ignorance is ever-present, as is its consort, willful ignorance which, sadly, is ascendant in the here and now. Rather than think for themselves, a distressingly large, and growing, group of people would rather believe in someone who tells them exactly what they want to hear in their ignorance.

Ignorance is being cultivated.

Apr 2014
redacted
Ignorance is present in the past as far back as we can see, and it's with us today. People come and go. True, they aren't immortal.

But ignorance is ever-present, as is its consort, willful ignorance which, sadly, is ascendant in the here and now. Rather than think for themselves, a distressingly large, and growing, group of people would rather believe in someone who tells them exactly what they want to hear in their ignorance.

Ignorance is being cultivated.
Darkness is a lack of light. Light is a force, darkness isn't. Education isn't a force, it's just knowledge. Information. That said, like light and darkness, education is knowledge, but ignorance is just a lack of knowledge. You can't kill it because it doesn't really exist. It's just a shorthand way of saying "No knowledge".

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Thus promoting corruption and greed. Awesome. It's amazing to me how many Trump fans aren't Christians.

Do you have a better suggestion?

Hitting corporations in the pocket book has seemed to be the best course of action for the public vs big business.

What does religion have to do w/ anything or was that just an underhanded attempt at a cheap shot? Thread derailment?

Apr 2014
redacted

Hitting corporations in the pocket book has seemed to be the best course of action for the public vs big business.

What does religion have to do w/ anything or was that just an underhanded attempt at a cheap shot? Thread derailment?
Suing just to make money is wrong. All it does is drive up costs for Americans and seeks to further suppress free speech. Obviously you seek to censor all opinions in opposition to yours, but that will backfire on you just as it does for all who seek to institution authoritarian states be they Left or Right in nature.

If you'd been following the thread you'd answer your own question. It's not my job to be your crutch.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Suing just to make money is wrong. All it does is drive up costs for Americans and seeks to further suppress free speech. Obviously you seek to censor all opinions in opposition to yours, but that will backfire on you just as it does for all who seek to institution authoritarian states be they Left or Right in nature.

If you'd been following the thread you'd answer your own question. It's not my job to be your crutch.

Again. You are putting words in my mouth apparently that is what you believe to be "your job" because it is definitely not being clear about what ever point you are attempting to make or argue.

Good job.

Apr 2014
redacted
Again. You are putting words in my mouth apparently that is what you believe to be "your job" because it is definitely not being clear about what ever point you are attempting to make or argue.

Good job.
Translation: Damn you, Bob, for correctly reading my posts!

Thanks!

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Translation: Damn you, Bob, for correctly reading my posts!

Thanks!
Um, not even close. No place did i call for censorship or any of the other positions you have attempted to assign me. You have dodged and ducked. Attempting to assign me an argument all the while notdefining yours.

What adults? It appears all stood their ground albeit the Black Hebrews were complete assholes.

He was just acting like everyone else. Not good, but not worse. In fact, better than the Black Hebrew assholes since he didn't toss out racial epithets. No, wearing a MAGA-hat is not a racial epithet no matter how many times someone says it just like Trump isn't innocent no matter how many times he claims it.

Still, I fail to see why this is all worth $25 much less $250M. Let's go back to you whining about "the media". :)
Cute. Whining about the media in a thread about malicious media malpractice.

I like when you said He was just acting like everyone else. Not good, but not worse. the old guy w/ the drum walked up to the kid, got in his face and started banging his instrument in his ear. But sure... they were equally engaged, right?

But out of everyone it was the media who acted maliciously and this is why they are being sued and why these kids will win. This divide we are witnessing is being propagated by the media. They recklessly created this story out of nothing and completely changed these kids lives. And they should be held accountable.

And how you responded to this?

Emptiness

Huh

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Um, not even close. No place did i call for censorship or any of the other positions you have attempted to assign me. You have dodged and ducked. Attempting to assign me an argument all the while notdefining yours.

And how you responded to this?

Emptiness

Huh
A light bulb does not emit light it sucks darkness, darkness sucker.

Apr 2014
redacted
Um, not even close. No place did i call for censorship or any of the other positions you have attempted to assign me. ....
Disagreed. When you support Nickie winning a lawsuit regardless of the truth, you are advocating censorship by attacking news agencies for political reasons; specifically because you believe they are far Left.