Crackdown on Illegals Continues

Apr 2013
The Milky Way
This is what many voted for, not more meddling in the Middle East, or heightened tensions with Russia.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions sent a warning Tuesday to people who break the nation’s immigration laws: If you cross the border illegally, you risk prosecution under the full force of the law.

Speaking from a border port of entry in Nogales, Arizona, Sessions vowed a dramatic Justice Department crackdown on illegal immigration that would include felony charges for people who illegally enter the United States multiple times or get married in order to gain legal status.

“For those that continue to seek improper and illegal entry into this country, be forewarned,” Sessions said in remarks prepared for delivery. “This is a new era. This is the Trump era.”

He continued: “The lawlessness, the abdication of the duty to enforce our immigration laws, and the catch and release practices of old are over.”

A memo Sessions issued Tuesday calls for federal attorneys to consider prosecution of anyone who harbors undocumented immigrants, with a priority given to violent cases or those that involve transporting or shielding three or more undocumented immigrants. Sessions also instructed the Justice Department to pursue felony charges when applicable for immigrants who try to enter the U.S. illegally on multiple occasions.

In a policy move that could have broad implications, the attorney general asked prosecutors to consider charges for identity fraud and document theft “to the extent practicable.” The department’s attorneys also should consider felony prosecutions in cases of fraudulent marriages to obtain legal immigration status, the memo said.
Sessions signals immigration crackdown: 'This is the Trump era' - POLITICO

Dec 2012
California
In Sessions remarks today, he state that entering the US was a misdemeanor but, caught a second time in this country illegally, it would be a Felony. It should be a Felony the first time!!

Dec 2015
Arizona
It's about damned time we enforced our immigration law!!

YES! Isn't it wonderful?? No more rapists, murderers and drug dealers. Our AG Jeff Sessions visited Arizona today. He toured the U.S.-Mexico border and unveiled what he described as a new get-tough approach to immigration prosecutions under President Donald Trump. Awesome!
Just a couple of small glitches to be expected. Our food relies on inexpensive undocumented labor to reach OUR plates. Without workers, farmers will have no choice but to watch their crops rot in the fields, creating shortages that will hit the grocery store. But not all foods are created equal.
Fruit prices will likely start to rise first, followed by vegetables, because both are very labor intensive. Next will be animal products, beginning with dairy and moving to meat and eggs. Staples like grains and beans, which can be harvested mechanically, will eventually follow. On average, food prices could rise by around six percent.
These breaks in the food system could also be terrible for farmers. If producers can't support themselves, they may end up selling out to large agricultural conglomerates who don't have the same respect for the soil – and the animals -- involved in food production.
But.....no worries. All these issues will be worth it, right?? YAY!

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
This thread is sexist. Maybe it is homophobic. Well I don't know. It is something that i don't like so it must be some sort of hate speech. It makes me angry.

Last edited:
Feb 2014
nunya
I heard some of that today, and his answer to some nameless fucktard reporter who asked about people being "offended" by this. I wanted Sessions to tell him that they are just pussies and they can go fuck themselves. Instead he went with a professional sounding answer

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
YES! Isn't it wonderful?? No more rapists, murderers and drug dealers. Our AG Jeff Sessions visited Arizona today. He toured the U.S.-Mexico border and unveiled what he described as a new get-tough approach to immigration prosecutions under President Donald Trump. Awesome!
Just a couple of small glitches to be expected. Our food relies on inexpensive undocumented labor to reach OUR plates. Without workers, farmers will have no choice but to watch their crops rot in the fields, creating shortages that will hit the grocery store. But not all foods are created equal.
Fruit prices will likely start to rise first, followed by vegetables, because both are very labor intensive. Next will be animal products, beginning with dairy and moving to meat and eggs. Staples like grains and beans, which can be harvested mechanically, will eventually follow. On average, food prices could rise by around six percent.
These breaks in the food system could also be terrible for farmers. If producers can't support themselves, they may end up selling out to large agricultural conglomerates who don't have the same respect for the soil – and the animals -- involved in food production.
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. First "migrant workers" are NOT illegal !!! They are allowed in the country specifically for the purpose of working the harvests and the farmers are NOT required to pay them min wage. And since you mention the conglomerate farms, GUESS WHO MAKES THE MOST USE of those migrant workers ??

Three or four years ago one study showed that paying minimum wage or higher to citizens would only raise the cost of a head of lettuce (99 cents last week at my local grocery) about 5 cent a head. Other fruits and veggies were about the same. I'd gladly pay a few more cents knowing those items were harvested by citizen making at least min wage rather than some poor migrant who gets paid in such a manner it works out to substantially less than min wage.

When I was a kid I work in a peach orchard. We got minimum wage and were happy for the work.

Dec 2012
California
Much like the food-service industry, the agricultural industry is subject to modernization. Machinery to plant and harvest has been around for a long time. When labor costs start cutting into a narrow profit margin farmers will turn to modernization. The only reason they haven't thus far is because of the cheap illegal alien labor which has been subsidized by the taxpayer. Thus far, labor costs are at, or near the bottom of the cost-factor at the retail end.