Creationism

Oct 2019
USA
People in the media seem to ignorantly or even dishonestly associate "creationism" with Biblical literalism or "young earth creationism", when in reality creationism is a component of many theories or philosophies within Academia.

(Much as how I've pointed out, that the average person expressing a "belief" in evolution likely has a HS education or less on the subject, and more of their tropes seem to come from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles than actual evolutionary topics; from what I've seen, stupid people will be stupid, no matter what they prefer to be "stupid about").

I have this book on philosophical creationism, but I haven't finished reading it, it seems fascinating.

This book on holistic Darwinism likewise seems like it might have valuable insights on the evolutionary topic.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I don't see anything in the blurb for your first link to creationism. And your second link in fact supports what Darwin claimed. This guy just goes deeper and examines the significance of energy transfer in evolution.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
I find it interesting to watch the steady recant from devout Christians as Biblical data becomes challenged by scientific realities. Initially they simply attacked everything until that failed and now try to fit it into some part of their Dogma......it is rather fun to watch.

Reactions: leekohler2
May 2018
none
"I find it interesting to watch the steady recant from Secular Humanists as their progressive beliefs become challenged by scientific realities... such as how executing 100 gays would be fine if it saved 1,000 from dying from AIDs, or how negros have been shown to have lower average IQ than white people".

"Initially the Secular Humanists simply attacked everything as "racist, sexist, homophobic" until that failed - now they try to fit it into the Secular Humanist dogma to claim it is "scientific". It is rather fun to watch".

/Sarcasm
Do you think before you write? What are you even babbling about? Do you realize how much you are failing more and more with every idiotic thread you start?

Reactions: tecoyah
Oct 2019
USA
Do you think before you write? What are you even babbling about? Do you realize how much you are failing more and more with every idiotic thread you start?
No, I proved a point. The Secular Humanist religion (or philosophy, if you prefer that), is based on faith, then retroactively attempts to use scientific evidence to reconcile it with its faith-based beliefs, as does presumably any belief system, "religious, secular, or otherwise".

Scientific "data" in a vacuum is meaningless information, and could be used in an infinite number of ways - however Secular Humanists believe that things such as racism and sexism are wrong due to their faith-based beliefs - so if, hypothetically, scientific information could be used to justify exterminating non-whites (like the Nazis did), or could be used to save human lives - they would choose the latter, just as if science and technology could be used to destroy the planet, or to save the planet, they would believe on faith it should be used to save the planet.

Even a belief that "science" is worth doing at all, or is any more valuable to humanity than... tap dancing, or watching reality TV is a faith based belief, which can't be reconciled without circular reasoning. (e.x. Science is worth doing because... science says so).