Current Liberal Economic Ideologies Are Fiscally Impossible

Jan 2010
If I give $1 to the government in taxes, and you give nothing, but expect something back, it becomes fiscally impossible for the government to then give me back my $1 in services if it wants to give you something as well. So, we both will get 50 cents in services. This gives me no incentive to work hard if my money will be given to you, who does nothing for it, and I see only a portion of my tax returned to me in services. I am not in the business to support you or anybody else who feels that I owe them something simply because I went to school, make money, and provide to strengthen this economy.

Feb 2007
Los Angeles
What about the scenario where you and I both pay $1 but I get back $1M in benefits because I can afford to bribe finance my member of Congress and a few lobbyists?

Jan 2010
What about the scenario where you and I both pay $1 but I get back $1M in benefits because I can afford to bribe finance my member of Congress and a few lobbyists?
Who says that the $1M is correlated with such finances?

Also, it isn't illegal to finance members of your choosing.

Jul 2007
NJ
What state do you live in borden? I have a feeling you live in a red state that gets a lot of benefits due to my tax dollars in New Jersey.

Feb 2007
Los Angeles
gary' timestamp='1321202377' post='367904 said:

In my scenario the $1M is directly related to the fact that I am a member of the 1% who can influence legislation and you cannot.

Just like living on welfare it isn't illegal but is it fair?

Jan 2010
borden123' timestamp='1321202939' post='367912 said:
[quote name='gary' timestamp='1321202377' post='367904']

In my scenario the $1M is directly related to the fact that I am a member of the 1% who can influence legislation and you cannot.

[/quote]Please provide some sort of evidence to back up that claim.

Apples and oranges, gary. If the Dems want a portion of the Repubs campaign funding, then they should alter their ideologies.

Feb 2007
Los Angeles
gary' timestamp='1321203506' post='367919 said:
[quote name='borden123' timestamp='1321202939' post='367912']

[quote name='gary' timestamp='1321202377' post='367904']

[/quote]Please provide some sort of evidence to back up that claim.

Apples and oranges, gary. If the Dems want a portion of the Repubs campaign funding, then they should alter their ideologies.

[/quote]

Irrelevant because Dems do it too so your attempts to introduce class warfare fail.

We are discussing the fairness of taxation regardless of political hue