Daylight Savings Time: Yay or Nay

Apr 2014
redacted
Only with government can we cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew to the bottom and call it longer ;);)
Sad that the understanding of science and fact have dropped so much in the past 30 years.

Your analogy is incorrect. A more correct would would be to have a bed with the blanket sewn down on the sides, but it's too long at the foot and too short at the top. Solution? Cut off the excess on the bottom and sew it on the top thus providing a better fit.

Dec 2015
Arizona
And in another opinion. For those of us who work outside in colder environments. When we lose daylight saving time every year, it actually causes a sense of depression. You get up early, it's dark and cold. You get off work in the afternoon, it's dark and cold. It feels like your entire existence is in the dark, and cold.

It is very refreshing to go to work as the sun is starting to rise, and the drive home in the afternoon is in the light, and you sill have time to do things you would not necessarily have time to do in the winter. I would like to keep my saving time hours year round. The hour of sleep I lost this morning is of no consequence in my life. Here's a quick tip for those who find that a problem:

Go to bed an hour earlier that night.

It's a great day. The trees are starting to bloom, the daffodils are coming up, the grass is starting togreen up, I will be planting my garden soon, I will have extra light hours in the evenings to do things around the house, and more time with the grandkids.

Sorry Clara.

The case for permanent daylight savings time

OHHH WELL SUUURRE! That's cuz you live in Nirvana. LOL

Jun 2018
South Dakota
It makes no difference to me.
The sun comes up and then it goes down. I lived a very regimented life until I retire then I took off my watch and never put it back on again. I never had any of the symptoms of anxiety, jetlag or anything due to waking up in strange time zones etc. Now i sleep when I'm tired and wake up when I want.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Sad that the understanding of science and fact have dropped so much in the past 30 years.

Your analogy is incorrect. A more correct would would be to have a bed with the blanket sewn down on the sides, but it's too long at the foot and too short at the top. Solution? Cut off the excess on the bottom and sew it on the top thus providing a better fit.

Sarcasm dude !!

Jun 2013
Katmandu
I vote for daylight savings time all the time. I have an extra hour of daylight year round and don't have to get up as early to go hunting and fishing.

Sep 2017
Hell
One has to be creative to make the bi-annual time change work to his advantage.

I always pretend to not realize the spring forward of an hour of time until after the fact, so that I can conveniently miss out on a entire hour of long winded Sunday sermon at least once a year. I also pretend to not realize the fall back of an hour of time until after the fact so that I can claim that I did go to Church but thought it was cancelled because no one else was there.