nirvana
Reactions: 3 people

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Ten years?

Hyperbole aside .... ouch.

BDS was pretty bad, but at least it was based on the crimes committed by the neoconservative cabal.

ODS has been a magnitude or two or three worse, and was based largely on thin air.

Example? The Iraq War vs. Benghazi, with the right endlessly carrying on over four deaths, and blaming Obama for the Iraqi cluster**k he was handed. Ditto on the economy.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
A decade seems pretty mild compared to the almost thirty years and still counting liberals have wasted on Reagan.

Reactions: 1 person

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
A decade seems pretty mild compared to the almost thirty years and still counting liberals have wasted on Reagan.
The difference being the personality changes I've noted in my friends on the right. They're startling, dismaying, at times frightening.

The anger, the hatred, the reality disconnect, the cloaked racism over Obama, I never witnessed anything approaching this over Reagan.

Neither did you.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
The difference being the personality changes I've noted in my friends on the right. They're startling, dismaying, at times frightening.

The anger, the hatred, the reality disconnect, the cloaked racism over Obama, I never witnessed anything approaching this over Reagan.

Neither did you.
No one I know has made a racist remark about Obama. There may be some, but 99% has been created bg the left wing.

The anger and hatred comes from the divisiveness Obama has created.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
No one I know has made a racist remark about Obama. There may be some, but 99% has been created bg the left wing.

The anger and hatred comes from the divisiveness Obama has created.
Bullshit. That's about as believable as the assumption that Zionists speak for all Israelis.

I've had right-wing friends speak of "the nigger" right to my face, and just last week. And the anger, the hatred I've seen on the faces and heard in the words of longtime Republican/conservative friends has no analogue.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Bullshit. That's about as believable as the assumption that Zionists speak for all Israelis.

I've had right-wing friends speak of "the nigger" right to my face, and just last week. And the anger, the hatred I've seen on the faces and heard in the words of longtime Republican/conservative friends has no analogue.
I guess it comes down to the caliber of our friends.

Reactions: 1 person

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Yeah, mine are more honest than yours.
Or perhaps the calibre of the evaluation of what the friends mean.

Look at the vitriol against Obama on this forum. And I see it other places. Far beyond the rhetoric against Bush or Clinton. And I don't think his policies can explain that difference.

Jun 2013
Ohio
They have been calling the President illegitimate since he was first elected. They have even questioned his citizenship. The Right wing media has trained them like poodles for ratings and money. They even call any Republican they disagree with a RINO. They have a totalitarian attitude about life itself.

Reactions: 2 people