Dear Trump supporters: Does the truth even matter to you? I mean real truth not alternate facts....

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
So the answer is- truth does not matter to Trump supporters?
Truth doesn't matter to the majority of people. It's not a phenomenon exclusive to Trump supporters. It's just a matter of what truths we chose to believe and what truths we chose to ignore. Cigarette smokers across the globe know the truth that it will likely lead to lung cancer and kill them. But does that truth matter when they reach for the next cigarette? No.

May 2018
Chicago
Truth doesn't matter to the majority of people. It's not a phenomenon exclusive to Trump supporters. It's just a matter of what truths we chose to believe and what truths we chose to ignore. Cigarette smokers across the globe know the truth that it will likely lead to lung cancer and kill them. But does that truth matter when they reach for the next cigarette? No.
So Trump supporters are addicts who ignore the truth because they simply can’t help themselves. Got it. So maybe there’s a patch like there is for smokers to help Trump supporters kick the habit?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
So Trump supporters are addicts who ignore the truth because they simply can’t help themselves. Got it. So maybe there’s a patch like there is for smokers to help Trump supporters kick the habit?
Are you purposely being obtuse or by accident?

May 2018
Chicago
Are you purposely being obtuse or by accident?
No, merely following your analogy. You're using nicotine addiction as an analogy for why people support Trump. In essence, you're saying they are drug addicts who ignore Trump's lies just because he makes them feel good. If that is not what you meant, then please clarify.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
No, merely following your analogy. You're using nicotine addiction as an analogy for why people support Trump. In essence, you're saying they are drug addicts who ignore Trump's lies just because he makes them feel good. If that is not what you meant, then please clarify.
I think you're smarter than this, Lee. But thank you for incorrecting me. I'm simply making an analogy that people accept truths that they're comfortable with and reject truths that make them uncomfortable. Everyone does it.

It's a fact child labor laws in China are atrocious. Does that stop people from buying cell phones? No. They disregard the truth
It's a fact pork is produced by raising some pigs in cages so small it doesn't allow them to turn around. Does this fact stop people from buying pork? No. They disregard the truth
It's a fact there is no demonstrable evidence that verifies the existence of a God. Does that stop people from praying before they go to bed? No

We as human beings tend to accept truths that agree with predisposed positions we already hold.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
You DO understand WHY Trump hates CNN so much ?? Why they are his most favorite target for his accusations of "fake news" ??

IT'S PERSONAL, he and the CNN CEO were friends for more than 20 years. CLOSE FRIENDS. He fully expected CNN to give him the kind of fawning sycophant, only good things, coverage that Faux News gives him. When they didn't, he went ballistic !!! As we have seen it takes VERY LITTLE for Trump to turn on his friends. Or more accurately for him to believe THEY TURNED ON HIM. At least that's ALWAYS HIS VERSION. Even the slightest bit of disagreement and suddenly YOU'RE THE ENEMY !!! Look at how many people in his administration have been fired or forced to resign over relatively MINOR disagreements ?

Bottom line, Trumps constant bashing of CNN is PERSONAL, and not so much about their bias.
trump is mussolini only mussolini had some smarts trump is a retard

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Couple things.
1. The person making the claim is responsible for providing the evidence. Insinuating “you can’t prove it wrong” is a logical fallacy known as an Argument from Ignorance.
2. Not trying to make the point that Tapper made any false claims. Rather I’m pointing out that CNN is a far left biased news outlet that has a mixed bag when it comes to providing the full story.
3. From an argumentative standpoint, CNN is essentially the central enemy from the perspective of a Trump supporter. Even if Tapper makes 100% full and accurate statements, in the eyes of a Trump supporter it doesn’t matter. Imagine a liberals reaction is a Trump supporter sited Breitbart.
far left bias? hm lets see CNN - Media Bias/Fact Check left yes yes you are right but far left no

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I think you're smarter than this, Lee. But thank you for incorrecting me. I'm simply making an analogy that people accept truths that they're comfortable with and reject truths that make them uncomfortable. Everyone does it.

It's a fact child labor laws in China are atrocious. Does that stop people from buying cell phones? No. They disregard the truth
It's a fact pork is produced by raising some pigs in cages so small it doesn't allow them to turn around. Does this fact stop people from buying pork? No. They disregard the truth
It's a fact there is no demonstrable evidence that verifies the existence of a God. Does that stop people from praying before they go to bed? No

We as human beings tend to accept truths that agree with predisposed positions we already hold.
here is an example of far left bias and lets remember a bias is laoded words and selection of facts it doesnt mean fake news publishing blatently false things is different than justcherry picking your facts AlterNet - Media Bias/Fact Check

May 2018
Chicago

In every case you presented, people are not denying the truth. Trump supporters literally deny the truth. Illegal immigration is on the decline, but Trump supporters say it’s worse than ever, even though that is clearly not the truth.

Conversely, Cigarette smokers do not say that smoking is good for you. They know it’s not and would never claim it is. You’re talking about totally different situations.