Defending The Truth where

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
People come to defend their hate for one another. There used to be a lot of goood people here...I’m sure the site creator is just so proud of what it’s become...Nobody here looks for a common ground or anything resembling peace...
I don't hate anyone, I disagree with many.

Jan 2015
MD
There are far too many stupid and uninformed ppl on these forums for peaceful discussions to be possible.

Last edited:
Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
People come to defend their hate for one another. There used to be a lot of goood people here...I’m sure the site creator is just so proud of what it’s become...Nobody here looks for a common ground or anything resembling peace...
Sadly that seems to be norm in what goes for political debate in the USA these days. :-(

Sep 2017
Georgia
If the site's creator gave two hoots in Hell, he or she would weigh in once in a while.

You're probably half right. Every time an effort is made to put up a bridge of understanding, you can expect someone from one extreme or the other to throw up defensive walls (be it name calling, personal insults, expletive deleteds, etc.)

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
There is some truth to what you say. Most of the regular posters can be relied upon to stake out specific territory on any given issue.

However !!!! Not all that often, but every now and then, even the most diametrically opposed of us find ourselves on common ground.

Trump and Hillary were IMHO the two WORST candidates to ever run for president, or any office for that fact !! What we have now is possibly the most polarized politics since the civil war. Some times the feelings and the language runs a bit hot on the board. But fundamentally I don't think any of us hate every one we disagree with. At least we're not shooting at each other (yet).

The fact that any of us find common ground with those we generally oppose is a good thing. Once we see who started is and who has responded, most threads can be predicted to follow a given course. But every now and then, one surprises us.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
There is some truth to what you say. Most of the regular posters can be relied upon to stake out specific territory on any given issue.

However !!!! Not all that often, but every now and then, even the most diametrically opposed of us find ourselves on common ground.

Trump and Hillary were IMHO the two WORST candidates to ever run for president, or any office for that fact !! What we have now is possibly the most polarized politics since the civil war. Some times the feelings and the language runs a bit hot on the board. But fundamentally I don't think any of us hate every one we disagree with. At least we're not shooting at each other (yet).

The fact that any of us find common ground with those we generally oppose is a good thing. Once we see who started is and who has responded, most threads can be predicted to follow a given course. But every now and then, one surprises us.

This is by design

Nov 2012
Michigan
Of course, those are the only possible explanations when someone disagrees with you. (Sarcasm)
I read this to my wife, she thought it was a good slam. I told her sarcasm is evil. She asked my why do I do it then.

I said, because it’s fun.