Democratic Leaders

Nov 2005
California
You wish ... All I'm saying is look for more likeable and well spoken leaders. Like Bill Clinton, like Barack Obama. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shummer again with all due respect don't cut it.
And Donald Trump does????
:rolleyes:

In addition, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were routinely attacked and chastised by the Republicans.
Again, you present it like Dems need to be more likeable for Repubs. But then you care not about the swapped situation as to whether the Repub leaders are likeable for Dems...

Jun 2018
Toronto
Again, you present it like Dems need to be more likeable for Repubs. But then you care not about the swapped situation as to whether the Repub leaders are likeable for Dems...
Because I'm on your side ... I don't want the republicans to appeal to democratic voters. Doh!

:rolleyes:

Apr 2013
Left coast
He has the charisma of a schoolyard bully.
He picks targets to attack and garners favor with people attracted to attacks on those targets. That seems to be what Republicans are into these days.
If he truly had such charisma, then why is he having so many "leaks" within his White House?

In your first post, you stated: "You need to find a moderate Bernie Sanders or two, who don't scare the conservative americans to death. "
It would be more realistic to recognize that the right needs to find a moderate or two who doesn't scare liberal americans to death...
Yes, but he chose a constituency and has been unbelievably successful in cultivating it into a cult-like worship. Very effective, like it or not.

THe OP is correct in that since Obama, the Dems have not had a "cool" leader. Beto looks good right now. I don't know about enough national creds.

Pelosi might have talent, but she doesn't come across that way. In fact think about it, Trump tweeted that he thought Pelosi should be again given the House Majority position. And he isn't doing it for bipartisan or altruistic reasons.

Dec 2016
Canada
That's the around 30% core. The rest may be up for a change. I've checked the CNN definitive list of 2020 democrats

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/19/politics/2020-democrats-rankings/index.html

Elizabeth warren #2.

The rest are either lefties like Sanders or Hillary clones like this one:

Yeah, that Kirsten Gillibrand has got you conservatives wetting your Depends now! I can see how that has happened, but she...aside from some shifting of late to try to stay in good with the increasingly angry Dem voter base, is one of the ConservaDems. So, when Kirsten Gillibrand is too radical for you, you may as well see how you can repeal that 19th amendment right now!

Jun 2018
Toronto
Yeah, that Kirsten Gillibrand has got you conservatives wetting your Depends now! I can see how that has happened, but she...aside from some shifting of late to try to stay in good with the increasingly angry Dem voter base, is one of the ConservaDems. So, when Kirsten Gillibrand is too radical for you, you may as well see how you can repeal that 19th amendment right now!
Oh come on, I'm a canadian citizen, I'm voting conservative and I want the democrats to succeed, because it's in the interest of the world. That's it.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
You wish ... All I'm saying is look for more likeable and well spoken leaders. Like Bill Clinton, like Barack Obama. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shummer again with all due respect don't cut it.
Unfortunately what they're gonna put in place are loons like Nadler, Mad Maxine, Schiff, Cummings and any other of a long list of rabid libs. It'll be fun watching the loony bin libs run off leash to the nearest judge to get subpoenas etc.

Nov 2005
California
Yesterday I saw some news about the US elections and I was a bit startled by the Democratic leaders shown on TV. My personal subjective impression is that the american democrats suffer from the same problem as the canadian conservatives. Their leaders look like out of place amateurs. I mean Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shummer (or something like that). The give us your sick and tired motto comes to mind.
Just a personal observation.
You need to find a moderate Bernie Sanders or two, who don't scare the conservative americans to death.
On previous replies, I focused on the last part of the last sentence.
Regarding the rest, I agree that too much of the Dem leadership doesn't provide a motivating or charismatic factor.
There are others like Elizabeth Warren who impress me with their fortitude and intelligence. But doesn't have Obama's level of charm and charisma.

Trump brings something bizarre to this political field which needs an adequate counter. I have seen some people talk about Trump and his abrasiveness being a tactic. From a pragmatic stance, it's a bizarre observation on human nature to watch it unfold. From a personal stance, I'm repelled by him.
But the point being that I think Obama could have properly neutered Trump if they had gone head to head.
I'm not sure who we have currently that can properly counter the tactics Trump implements.

Bernie Sanders was great IMO. I can't help but wonder how he would have fared against Trump in 2016.
I like the below site's description of him.
The Political Compass

Yes, but he chose a constituency and has been unbelievably successful in cultivating it into a cult-like worship. Very effective, like it or not.
THe OP is correct in that since Obama, the Dems have not had a "cool" leader. Beto looks good right now. I don't know about enough national creds.
Pelosi might have talent, but she doesn't come across that way. In fact think about it, Trump tweeted that he thought Pelosi should be again given the House Majority position. And he isn't doing it for bipartisan or altruistic reasons.
I've heard Elizabeth Warren speak and I like her. I think that's part of what brought about the reaction from the right when she posted exactly what Trump asked for.
On this board, instead of anybody from the right acknowledging that she provided exactly what Trump asked for and Trump reneged, they instead pursued strawman claims about what she was claiming regarding the evidence provided.

There are some in this country who can't be reached through logic and reason.
You can't logic a person out of a position they did not logic themselves into. The right has a purpose around their targeted attacks on education.
To counter such an approach, we do need to find a cool leader...