Democrats make U-turn on calling border a 'manufactured crisis'

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Democrats have done a U-turn on their claim from earlier this year that President Trump’s concern about illegal immigration at the southern border was a “manufactured crisis.”

Democrats now acknowledge there is a genuine humanitarian crisis and are preparing to pass legislation that would provide as much as $4.5 billion in federal aid to address the surge of migrants from Central America.

A surging number of arrests, media reports of smugglers renting children to desperate migrants to help them gain entry into the United States and stories of children dying in U.S. custody have changed the narrative.

Well, who woulda thunked?

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
Democrats have done a U-turn on their claim from earlier this year that President Trump’s concern about illegal immigration at the southern border was a “manufactured crisis.”

Democrats now acknowledge there is a genuine humanitarian crisis and are preparing to pass legislation that would provide as much as $4.5 billion in federal aid to address the surge of migrants from Central America.

A surging number of arrests, media reports of smugglers renting children to desperate migrants to help them gain entry into the United States and stories of children dying in U.S. custody have changed the narrative.

The Democrats are showing once again they have no backbone when it comes to standing up to liars, and cowards. They are doing the same thing with impeachment, and the country is going to suffer for it:

Trump is avoiding a crisis of his own making with US-Mexico migrant deal, critics say

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.

@Sabcat , Trump has made this crisis.

BTW, when will you be buy to plant trees for me and clean up my yard?

This is good for the economy that things are not getting done?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Democrats are treading a tightrope with this course of action. They are desperate to be seen as the white hats in the immigration arena. Now they must prove that they didn't create the problem but that the Republicans willfully did. Then they are going to have to tread the minefield of dumping more money onto something that they have no intention of allowing to actually spent on the problem of keeping the illegals out of the country to begin with. They then will be, in the highest profile manner, seen spending what they actually allow on services that would not have been needed if the illegals has simply been kept out from the start. It shouldn't be too hard to show the fraud in this scheme but their short attention span constituents will simply treat each stage of the process as a "new and different" issue.

Reactions: Sabcat
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
@Sabcat , Trump has made this crisis.

BTW, when will you be buy to plant trees for me and clean up my yard?

This is good for the economy that things are not getting done?

Please explain how 'Trump has made this crisis.'

I dunno what ur going on about. All the landscapers in my neighborhood are white/black. But post ur address and when i see them I'll ask them to send you a quote.