Democrats On Oversight Committee Call For Investigation On Trump Conflicts

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Once again we are faced with unprecendented circumstances and this will continue under the Trump presidency. Trump himself (probably when he thought Hillary would win the presidency) is quoted as saying: “The law’s totally on my side, meaning, the president can’t have a conflict of interest,” he said.
Obviously, we all know how often Trump spews ONE thing and DOES another.
Apparently, the sitting U.S. president has (in the past) been exempt in the Foreign Emoluments Clause in the U.S. Constitution. AND here's the funny part--I laughed out loud: Congress assumed that the president could be trusted to do the right thing. Is that hilarious or what?? Well, our framers NEVER dreamed anyone like Trump would be our president.
“As a general rule, public officials in the executive branch are subject to criminal penalties if they personally and substantially participate in matters in which they (or their immediate families, business partners or associated organizations) hold financial interests,” the Congressional Research Service said in an October report. “However, because of concerns regarding interference with the exercise of constitutional duties, Congress has not applied these restrictions to the President. Consequently, there is no current legal requirement that would compel the President to relinquish financial interests because of a conflict of interest.”
BUT, I suppose IF THE GOP big dogs wanted to get rid of Trump THIS could be the way.....but they won't do a thing.
Congress has not applied these restrictions to the President.
That is because the President is explicitly exempted in that law.

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2013
United States
And Clara teaches / taught children. Explains the dumbing down of America quote well. Teachers unions, the enemy of America.

I can't believe she's trusted around children. But the Jews need someone to shove propaganda down easily impressionable throats. I suppose stupid liberals fit the bill.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I can't believe she's trusted around children. But the Jews need someone to shove propaganda down easily impressionable throats. I suppose stupid liberals fit the bill.
So Jew = liberal in your furry little pea sized brain?

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2013
United States
So Jew = liberal in your furry little pea sized brain?
The Jews have infiltrated every level of our society. Very typical of a leaf to defend them.

But remember the words of your PM, if you kill your enemies, they win.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
If anybody should be investigated it is Elijah Cummings....All that SOB did on the House Benghazi Committee was disrupt stonewall and obstruct...Now this asshole thinks Trump should be investigated.....Fuck Cummings..
You people are a complete joke. Hillary testified for hours. TEH entire Bengazi thing was a disgrace, completely made up scandal because republicans are dirty scum that couldn't pin any real scandal on Obama admininstration that was squeaky clean. And then you ignore Trump and his cronies ignoring subpeonas, blocking release of his tax records, refusing to show up and testify, not answering any questions.

Why do you people bother posting such dumb, clearly not factual nonsense all the time?

Notice how the right have absolutly no defense, all they can do is the childish "you lost' and try to deflect to Cummings.

This adminstration is so dirty. just another example is Pence staying over 100 miles away from where he visited in Ireland to stay at a trump hotel, creating logistical nightmare and high costs, all so Trumps company can take the taxpayer money.

YOu have no defense for this, because it is indefensible.Meanwhile, the pathetic right threw a fit becaus Obama wore a tan suit and put mustard on his burger. What a joke the right wing TAliban is

You're an idiot both the President and the Vice President have no obligation to separate their private concerns, businesses, etc. from their Governmental actions. However the rest of the Gov. employees do. Wise up and look it up. There is no conflict of interest clause in their job descriptions or rules of conflict. However Hillary as Sec. of State did violate the rules of office.-_-
Oh look, another, standard right wing insult, then deflect. My god, you people are pathetic

I wonder if you would've used the same clause against Clinton, who took money from foreign actors as part of a pay-to-play scheme while Secretary of State, and openly took donations from foreign governments to her and her husband's foundation.

Oh, no, silly me, of course you wouldn't have.
And another HIllary deflection LOL

And Clara teaches / taught children. Explains the dumbing down of America quite well. Teachers unions, the enemy of America.
Another personal attack void of any argument.

Basket of deplorables indeed. Thanks for proving us liberals right all the time

Apr 2019
America
From Santa
Basket of deplorables indeed. Thanks for proving us liberals right all the time
The hate you have for your fellow Americans will re-elect Trump. Keep up the good work.
Another personal attack void of any argument.
Attacking a whole union is not a personal attack.