Denies the word will end in 12 yrs?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I understand what she said. She said if we don't do some serious work on climate change in the next 12 years, the world as we know it will end.
Is that so hard to understand?
Apparently she's having a comprehension problem. She forgot to put the as we know it on the end. Her brain ran out of characters?
technology.jpg

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I heard what she said. She is fear mongering and you have bought into it.

I heard Al Gore say something similar a decade ago.

Tell you what, if after 12 years nothing is done about global warming, will you all leave us the hell alone and eat, drink, and be merry and finally enjoy life for once till we die?

We all know the answer to this, don't we. You will never stop. Moreover, no matter how much you may raise taxes to "save the planet" it will never be enough, will it.
So you're saying you haven't seen any evidence of climate change?
At all?
It's just numbers, and coincidences and "natural variation"?

Feb 2019
here and there
So you're saying you haven't seen any evidence of climate change?
At all?
It's just numbers, and coincidences and "natural variation"?
I don't deny climate change. Some do, I don't. I don't deny that the temperature on earth has increased. Some do, I don't. I won't even deny that humans have something to do with it, etc.

The issue is a highly complex one and is politically charged. For example, did you know that all planets in the solar system are warming? What does that tell you? That tells me that the sun has something to do with it. In addition, temperatures around major cities routinely run a higher temperature than outlying regions. This tells me that human activity has something to do with climate change, but how much and to what end?

Then to muddy the waters further, the political solutions are often laughable. For example scientists would tell you that the Paris Accord Trump opted out of would have done next to nothing to curb global warming, yet it would have effected the economy substantially in a negative way. Just look at how the people of Paris responded to higher fuel costs, increases that was not really effecting climate change in any way.

Then add to the fact that the biggest offenders, such as China and India, are not going to go along with all this. Their only concern is ramping up their economy, and the rest of the world better watch out or that might quickly translate into world domination. Then you will have a global government that does not give a damn about global warming at all. Then where will you be? Try speaking out against them. Feel like blocking a line of tanks?

But this whole talk about the world ending is just insane. It is simple fear mongering.

I also grow tired of all out ills being said to have been caused by global warming.

Here is a compilation of them.

A Complete List Of Things Supposedly Caused By Global Warming

This also seems insane to me and more fear mongering.

But hey, that's politics.

Feb 2019
here and there
Here is the deal, I refuse, REFUSE! to support any political movements to restrict my freedoms or raise my taxes based upon assertions that it needs to be done to curb global warming. I'm not going to pay tax money to some pie in the sky technology that needs to be developed to save us that will never come about.

If you want my support, use existing technology like nuclear power. It is carbon free and the only one that is viable to supply the energy needs that we currently have.

Of course, Left wingers don't want that, do they. Very telling.

No, instead you want to tell me to move into a small row house and use public transportation and not eat meat, etc.

As much as I hate John McCain, he was right about the need to expand nuclear power, but Americans like you rejected it.

Feb 2007
USA
I understand what she said. She said if we don't do some serious work on climate change in the next 12 years, the world as we know it will end.
Is that so hard to understand?
Now, now...

We all know that a politician's words must all be taken quite literally, and never, ever figuratively.

You know, like when Trump said he grabs unexpected women's pussies, that Mexico is going to pay for his Great Wall, that he knows more about ISIS than the generals do, and that he alone can fix things. Among other statements by Trump.

;)

Feb 2019
here and there
Now, now...

We all know that a politician's words must all be taken quite literally, and never, ever figuratively.

You know, like when Trump said he grabs unexpected women's pussies, that Mexico is going to pay for his Great Wall, that he knows more about ISIS than the generals do, and that he alone can fix things. Among other statements by Trump.

;)
But practically everyone in the democrat party backed AOC and her New Green Deal. Most in the GOP just roll their eyes at Trump, that is the frightening thing about it.

So why did all the democrats vote not present when the Green New Deal was voted on, including AOC?

Hmm?

Feb 2007
USA
But practically everyone in the democrat party backed AOC and her New Green Deal. Most in the GOP just roll their eyes at Trump, that is the frightening thing about it.

So why did all the democrats vote not present when the Green New Deal was voted on, including AOC?

Hmm?
Ummm...

This is why:

On March 26, in what Democrats called a "stunt", Republicans called for an early vote without allowing discussion or expert testimony. Markey said Republicans were trying to "make a mockery" of the Green New Deal debate and called the vote a "sham". In protest, Senate Democrats voted "present" or against the bill, resulting in a 57–0 defeat on the Senate floor.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - Wikipedia
:rolleyes:

Jul 2014
massachusetts

Hmm?
Why do you feel compelled to lie?
Why do you say such stupid stuff?
There is no such thing as voting "not present"

And it was a Senate vote, AOC is not a senator

Oh, I'm sorry, am I holding you to the same standard you set for AOC?