Did Donald Trump tweet classified military imagery?

Nov 2012
nirvana
That's definitely a classified pic, and probably of the "Top Secret" variety. Figures a Russian agent wouldn't have any respect for classified info. And it's not the first time Trump has blathered/revealed classified information.
That’s because it was for Russia. Now they, China, and North Korea know how to better hide their assets from us.

Trump has made every treasonous act since being in office except giving real time troop movements.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
That’s because it was for Russia. Now they, China, and North Korea know how to better hide their assets from us.

Trump has made every treasonous act since being in office except giving real time troop movements.
And my guess is that it is only because the Pentagon knew better than to inform him.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Two things. First I am sure Dotard knows he screwed the pooch this time. He has sent out 54 tweets in the past 17 hours. Even for that tweeter-in-chief, that is a very high output. And most of them are retweets going back two weeks of nice things people have said about him.

Secondly, there is now speculation experts, according the the NYT, that the pic he leaked was in fact too high res for even the best satellite cameras and was probably taken by a spy plane, a direct violation of Iran's airspace.

I read something ten or fifteen years ago that we had satellites that could read the license plate on your car as well as identifying the make and model. They also had high enough resolution analysts can identify people’s faces. By the time the first inklings of our spy technology leak out, it’s already five to ten years obsolete. If that was a decade or more ago, then by today’s standards that wasn’t a very high res picture.

Still we shouldn’t be showing he works even our old outdated tech.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I read something ten or fifteen years ago that we had satellites that could read the license plate on your car as well as identifying the make and model. They also had high enough resolution analysts can identify people’s faces. By the time the first inklings of our spy technology leak out, it’s already five to ten years obsolete. If that was a decade or more ago, then by today’s standards that wasn’t a very high res picture.

I'd heard those stories too. Never had them corroborated, which doesn't mean much given it's the military.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
A few reporters on twitter have been speculating on this, but the BBC has the best report I have seen so far.

President Donald Trump has set a new standard for extraordinary presidential behaviour.

Not only has he tweeted what would normally be a highly classified, military-quality satellite image showing the devastation around the launch pad at Iran's main space centre following a significant explosion.

He has gone further by apparently taunting the Iranians, insisting that the US was not involved in the catastrophic accident during final launch preparations," but also wishing Iran "good luck in determining what happened".

Image copyrightTWITTER

Was this presidential sarcasm or misinformation?

Was he implying that somebody else might indeed have been involved?

Or was it just the president's regular habit of responding by saying the first thing that came into his head?

It's hard to say. But, as ever, Mr Trump's intervention raises more questions than it answers.

More at Did Trump tweet classified military imagery?
Not the first time he has done so, and nothing was done about it. Maybe his treason will soon gather enough Repugnant ones to force him to stop.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon

The pictures were not outdated.

Aug 2019
Canada
A few reporters on twitter have been speculating on this, but the BBC has the best report I have seen so far.

President Donald Trump has set a new standard for extraordinary presidential behaviour.

Not only has he tweeted what would normally be a highly classified, military-quality satellite image showing the devastation around the launch pad at Iran's main space centre following a significant explosion.

He has gone further by apparently taunting the Iranians, insisting that the US was not involved in the catastrophic accident during final launch preparations," but also wishing Iran "good luck in determining what happened".

Image copyrightTWITTER

Was this presidential sarcasm or misinformation?

Was he implying that somebody else might indeed have been involved?

Or was it just the president's regular habit of responding by saying the first thing that came into his head?

It's hard to say. But, as ever, Mr Trump's intervention raises more questions than it answers.

More at Did Trump tweet classified military imagery?
If he didn't, he may as well. Some years ago I saw something on a couple different news programs. Apparently Chinese hackers stole most of, if not all of, our secret military technology. But I don't blame them. I blame you. And those like you.

Apr 2019
America
Two things. First I am sure Dotard knows he screwed the pooch this time. He has sent out 54 tweets in the past 17 hours. Even for that tweeter-in-chief, that is a very high output. And most of them are retweets going back two weeks of nice things people have said about him.

Secondly, there is now speculation experts, according the the NYT, that the pic he leaked was in fact too high res for even the best satellite cameras and was probably taken by a spy plane, a direct violation of Iran's airspace.
according the the NYT,
What is that saying about a nickel for every time I heard that?

Jul 2018
Earth
That's definitely a classified pic, and probably of the "Top Secret" variety. Figures a Russian agent wouldn't have any respect for classified info. And it's not the first time Trump has blathered/revealed classified information.
Presidents can declassify classified information at their whim.