Did Donald Trump tweet classified military imagery?

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
The pictures were not outdated.

Not saying the pictures were outdated. Saying the satellite that took them is likely one our older ones. That we have satellites that have FAR FAR higher resolution. Luckily it wasn't one of those the Dumbster chose to share.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I'd heard those stories too. Never had them corroborated, which doesn't mean much given it's the military.
I want to say Tom Clancy. Just before the release of his first book, Hunt for the Red October, the Navy came to visit him. They wanted to know WHERE he had gotten the information about the sonar systems. He took them right down to the library and showed them the declassified information he had used. He later wrote a non-fiction book and I think the comments about military technology was in there. That if we know about it, then it's at least five years out of date. Also a former friend, sheriff's deputy, used to work security at his local airport. When the president came to town he was the one that coordinated with secrete service. He said they have some unbelievable freaking toys. Technology to see and hear and track that we just can;t even imagine.

So, do I believe we have satellite technology that could read a license plate and take pictures clear enough to use facial software ?? YUP !!

Even if that was a picture from one of our older platforms, I still think the Dumbster was an idiot for releasing it. If that's an older camera they have to know we have better. Trump just confirmed it.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
I want to say Tom Clancy. Just before the release of his first book, Hunt for the Red October, the Navy came to visit him. They wanted to know WHERE he had gotten the information about the sonar systems. He took them right down to the library and showed them the declassified information he had used. He later wrote a non-fiction book and I think the comments about military technology was in there. That if we know about it, then it's at least five years out of date. Also a former friend, sheriff's deputy, used to work security at his local airport. When the president came to town he was the one that coordinated with secrete service. He said they have some unbelievable freaking toys. Technology to see and hear and track that we just can;t even imagine.

So, do I believe we have satellite technology that could read a license plate and take pictures clear enough to use facial software ?? YUP !!

Even if that was a picture from one of our older platforms, I still think the Dumbster was an idiot for releasing it. If that's an older camera they have to know we have better. Trump just confirmed it.

Problem is that the President gets to determine what is, and what isn't , classified. Clinton did the same thing when he sold high speed dual capability computers to China. Bush 41 had them set as classified, Clinton declassified them.

Maybe that is where the orange blob got the idea.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Problem is that the President gets to determine what is, and what isn't , classified. Clinton did the same thing when he sold high speed dual capability computers to China. Bush 41 had them set as classified, Clinton declassified them.

Maybe that is where the orange blob got the idea.
I have now twice read that a president can do that by Executive Order. TTBOMK, Dotard has not done so, thus when done it was illegal.