Did Hannity Step in it?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
In his interview with President Trump, Sean Hannity said Cohen told him at least a dozen times that Cohen made the Stormy Daniels payments without telling Trump.

That's interesting because Cohen said in open testimony that Trump instructed him to make these payments. So if you're a member of any of the House committees investigating this situation, you might be interested in issuing a subpoena to Hannity for his testimony under oath.

Sean saw a flamming bag, tried to stomp it out, and he may now have some shit to deal with.

Reactions: LTP
Dec 2018
New England
In his interview with President Trump, Sean Hannity said Cohen told him at least a dozen times that Cohen made the Stormy Daniels payments without telling Trump.

That's interesting because Cohen said in open testimony that Trump instructed him to make these payments. So if you're a member of any of the House committees investigating this situation, you might be interested in issuing a subpoena to Hannity for his testimony under oath.

Sean saw a flamming bag, tried to stomp it out, and he may now have some shit to deal with.
It would make for good theater, but a campaign finance charge hinges on more than Trump saying "pay her, Mike."

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Govt calling the press to task? When was the last time that worked out for the inquisitor?

That would be akin to impeachment, the party bringing charges will lose in the inquisition and in the ensuing elections.

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
This comes as no surprise. Telling lies, sucking up and groveling at their master's feet is what sycophants, like Hannity, do to curry favor.

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2015
Arizona
Well, to be fair, Moron Don learned from his Daddy Vladdy.

Putin has his propaganda arm, RT.

So Moron Don has his own propaganda arm, Fox News. Has Hannity joined the 2020 campaign?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Dems have found a way to get out of calling Hannity after he volunteered to testify. Claim is they already know he's lying so they don't need him to tell them that. So now they're avoiding putting Hannity in a felony trap? What? WHAT! Liberals are dumb enough to suck that one down but the rest of us?????
No need to subpoena Hannity as his claim ‘not true’

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Dems have found a way to get out of calling Hannity after he volunteered to testify. Claim is they already know he's lying so they don't need him to tell them that. So now they're avoiding putting Hannity in a felony trap? What? WHAT! Liberalnns are dumb enough to suck that one down but the rest of us?????
No need to subpoena Hannity as his claim ‘not true’
From your link, Hannity: “I can tell you personally, [Cohen] said to me at least a dozen times that he made the decision on the payments and he didn’t tell you,” Hannity told Trump. “He told me personally.”

Blitzer asked Cicilline if he saw any reason to call Hannity as a witness.

“No, I mean, my point was, Sean Hannity was putting himself in a position of being a witness in this case. If he has information to share, he ought to do it before Congress under oath. I think we know that that is not true because we have a tape recording of the president discussing those hush payments, so we know Mr. Cohen was testifying truthfully.”
See, ya got yer lyin' Hillarys and yer lyin' Hannitys.....

Reactions: Clara007 and UDub
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
From your link, Hannity: “I can tell you personally, [Cohen] said to me at least a dozen times that he made the decision on the payments and he didn’t tell you,” Hannity told Trump. “He told me personally.”

Blitzer asked Cicilline if he saw any reason to call Hannity as a witness.

“No, I mean, my point was, Sean Hannity was putting himself in a position of being a witness in this case. If he has information to share, he ought to do it before Congress under oath. I think we know that that is not true because we have a tape recording of the president discussing those hush payments, so we know Mr. Cohen was testifying truthfully.”
See, ya got yer lyin' Hillarys and yer lyin' Hannitys.....
Great point. There's three things at play:
  1. Trump is on tape talking to Cohen about setting up a shell company to make a payment
  2. Cohen is on tape, under oath, saying Trump directed him to make the payments
  3. Hannity says Cohen said something different.
Are we to believe Trump on tape? Are we to believe Cohen under oath? Or are we to believe the radio guy?

BTW it should be noted that Cohen had a grand total of THREE clients
  1. Donald Trump
  2. Elliot Broidy (Former republican donor who I think is dealing with some legal troubles at the moment)
  3. SEAN HANNITY

Apr 2014
redacted

Sean is a flaming bag of shit, but I do not see that as being illegal. OTOH, if he knows of any crimes or is a witness to any criminal actions, he'll be forced to say it in court or face prosecution. Remember when Alex Jones, under oath, confessed that he was just playing a character and didn't believe his own BS? Like that.

Reactions: imaginethat