Did Hannity Step in it?

Apr 2014
redacted
I don't think you will. That Trump paid Cohen is not in question. His motivation for doing so (at least legally) is. His tax returns will shed little light on Trump's reason for paying the hush money.
Agreed. The tax returns will probably only show more about his foreign business dealings. It also may help gather evidence on misuse of his "charity". It's obvious why he paid off Stormy; to avoid scandal in a close election.

I truly believe Trump never thought he'd win the Presidency. He just liked the limelight and the adoration of his fans. When he won the nomination, I think he was genuinely surprised but didn't think he'd win the election. However some people did think he had a shot at winning. As the election drew closer he and others realized that he would really win it but it'd be close. That's when they started looking at tying off loose ends. Unfortunately for them, that's illegal. What a bunch of morons!

Feb 2019
nunya
I don't think you will. That Trump paid Cohen is not in question. His motivation for doing so (at least legally) is. His tax returns will shed little light on Trump's reason for paying the hush money.
It's not all about the hush money. We already know that. Now the house oversight commitee has access to his tax returns and is going to get them now. His tax returns contain inflated assets, illegal inflated golf courses, shady business deals and other things of the sort. It could be pretty important.

Nov 2012
nirvana
Sean is a flaming bag of shit, but I do not see that as being illegal. OTOH, if he knows of any crimes or is a witness to any criminal actions, he'll be forced to say it in court or face prosecution. Remember when Alex Jones, under oath, confessed that he was just playing a character and didn't believe his own BS? Like that.
Yes, and he is not a government official, or a member of the Trump administration. There is no privilege at all for anything he may have discussed with Trump or Cohen involving illegal activity. Likewise, there is no executive privilege for Trump, for any discussions with Hannity, involving illegal activity.

Reactions: se7en