DNA and Evolution

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Why is it that some people will trust DNA tests for paternity questions, for determining family lineage or letting you know if your related some famous historical figure.

But tell them that their DNA proves that they have a common ancestor with an ape and all of a sudden they go all Ken Hamm on you claiming that that is impossible

Nov 2013
NM
Why call them back from heaven?

Yah. Some people just don't want to shake the family tree too hard. You never know just what might fall out ...

Nov 2013
NM
Energetic particles indeed

Yah. Likely the anti-evolution crowd is busy watching the coverage of the shambolic Trump administration & campaign. My opinion, it's a pretty dull show - & I don't think he's going to be renewed for the next season.

& I think Sect. Energy Perry is missing a sure bet - he's failed to hook up the revolving doors of the Trump administration to a good-sized generator. Who needs fusion? & it's always 50 years away anyhow. With the spin rate & torque those babies are putting out, we could probably light up WADC's entire superego for years now, no sweat.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
I am going to bore you with scientific facts.

The solar system is in an arm of the Milky Way but the trajectory is not in a flat plane. The solar system rides a wave of the arm and goes up and down with the solar system passing through the center of the arm ever 20 million years or so. Spurts of evolution occur every 20 million years. hmm

Nov 2013
NM
Darwin's theory

I am going to bore you with scientific facts.

The solar system is in an arm of the Milky Way but the trajectory is not in a flat plane. The solar system rides a wave of the arm and goes up and down with the solar system passing through the center of the arm ever 20 million years or so. Spurts of evolution occur every 20 million years. hmm
& so the solar system's transit of the local arm of the Milky Way is what triggers evolution on Earth? Interesting theory, worth a look. Tks!

Nov 2017
Virginia
Why is it that some people will trust DNA tests for paternity questions, for determining family lineage or letting you know if your related some famous historical figure.

But tell them that their DNA proves that they have a common ancestor with an ape and all of a sudden they go all Ken Hamm on you claiming that that is impossible
Because to them, religion says so and there's this thing called cognitive dissonance that rears its ugly head.

2nd law of thermodynamics and evolution: Does evolution contradict the second law of thermodynamics? (Intermediate) - Curious About Astronomy? Ask an Astronomer