Do atheists have a belief or not?

Feb 2014
Oregon
Well, I am amazed that anyone thinks he can an be authority on the stone-age concept of spiritual reality. You would have to unlearn everything you think today, to come close to how people thought before the Western division of spirit and matter took over our cultural consciousness. There is no way we can think as someone in the stone age thought. I think many are so stuck with the Christian god they cannot possibly comprehend any other understanding. I am not finding any replies to what math has to do with another understanding, and if this discussion does not move beyond the circular debate about the existence of a Zeus like god, that can not be real, I am bowing out.

If we think of the ancient gods as concepts they have a whole different meaning.

Last edited:
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Well, I am amazed that anyone thinks he can an be authority on the stone-age concept of spiritual reality. You would have to unlearn everything you think today, to come close to how people thought before the Western division of spirit and matter took over our cultural consciousness. There is no way we can think as someone in the stone age thought. I think many are so stuck with the Christian god they cannot possibly comprehend any other understanding. I am not finding any replies to what math has to do with another understanding, and if this discussion does not move beyond the circular debate about the existence of a Zeus like god, that can not be real, I am bowing out.

If we think of the ancient gods as concepts they have a whole different meaning.
Why think of the ancient gods (or any gods) as “concepts”. Just think about the concepts and leave the god gobbledygook out of it.

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
I have no need to make you think the same as I do. Atheist may be right and I don't think they are as harmful as religious folks can be, so I am not motivated to argue with them, but I love talking about things that interest me. I would like to know what you think of the explanation of Tesla and 3, 6 and 9? Historically math has been part of metaphysical thinking and that leads to science, so it isn't like having a spiritual notion is devoid of math and science.

LOL does the God you do not believe in, have a definition or is God a word that can mean anything? Can God be a hologram? Can the Tao of physics define the God you do not believe in?

Nov 2012
Michigan
As TN pointed out the more facts and evidence you have the less faith you need. My “faith” in the scientific method for discovering truth has much more evidence then religious faith will ever have. There has been NO advancement made by use of religious faith. Every advancement made by man has been the result of observation and reason (aka the scientific method)
Advancements made by religion:

Hospitals
Literacy
Equality of persons
Creation of science
Removal of Romanian dictator
Removal of Marcos in the Philippines