Do the Eastern countries have to accept gay rights?

May 2015
USA
Have you heard about the slaughter during the gay parade in Israel? Six people were stabbed and the whole demonstration became a real massacre. That awful story became a reason for me to start the thread.
The story became really popular among the liberally adjusted media. Cause they had a chance to assert the rights of homosexuals, and to criticize the policy of Bibi Netanyahu at the same time.
But there is a giant political problem that for sure can be related not only to gay rights! Do all countries and all political systems have to be gay tolerant and to recognize same-sex marriages? Jerusalem is the city of three religions Christianity, Islam and Judaism. The majority the believers of all religions don't recognize same-sex relationships. Hell with them, with religions. Unless our president had some personal and political interests for that America wouldn't be tolerant to homosexuality either.
I consider it is possible and necessary to impose only the positive changes. To generalize education for all, gender equality,age respect, etc.
And if to impose disputable and even dangerous values, it is possible to drown yourself and to drown all around.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-...2062.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices&ir=Gay Voices

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I, personally, believe that human rights should be honored the world around. I realize this is naive and will never happen (there is always going to be one group who has the need - usually due to an uneasy mix of narcissism and insecurity - to be 'superior').

There is no reason for gay people to be treated differently than straight people. However, there is also no reason for women to be treated differently than men - or people of different races to be treated differently - yet we find it happens every day and we've become such a zombiated jaded populace we barely even notice it any longer.

Shame on all of us.

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2012
nirvana
Have you heard about the slaughter during the gay parade in Israel? Six people were stabbed and the whole demonstration became a real massacre. That awful story became a reason for me to start the thread.
The story became really popular among the liberally adjusted media. Cause they had a chance to assert the rights of homosexuals, and to criticize the policy of Bibi Netanyahu at the same time.
But there is a giant political problem that for sure can be related not only to gay rights! Do all countries and all political systems have to be gay tolerant and to recognize same-sex marriages? Jerusalem is the city of three religions Christianity, Islam and Judaism. The majority the believers of all religions don't recognize same-sex relationships. Hell with them, with religions. Unless our president had some personal and political interests for that America wouldn't be tolerant to homosexuality either.
I consider it is possible and necessary to impose only the positive changes. To generalize education for all, gender equality,age respect, etc.
And if to impose disputable and even dangerous values, it is possible to drown yourself and to drown all around.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-...2062.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices&ir=Gay Voices
No.

In this particular instance, it wasn't a government action in the death.

It was the actions of an Orthodox Jew recently released from prison.

Hopefully, he will never see the light of day again.