• No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
incorrectly.

Now if a UFO landed example "The day the earth stood still" that would be an alien

if we did the Day planet X Stood Still and we landed we would be the "Alien life form"

Canadians in the US are aliens, Canadians in Canada are not aliens, Me visiting Canada would make me an Alien in Canada
"Canadians in Canada are not aliens". They are to you because even in their home country they are still people belonging to a foreign country or nation to yourself.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
What if we are the first civilization to develop?
What if next one is not for 100,000 years?

What if the first civilization developed 100,000 years ago, in a galaxy that is a million light years from here?
To meet another race of intelligent beings they would have to be in this galaxy, and probably in the near stellar neighborhood.
Now we go billions and billions of stars to a few hundred.....

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
What if we are the first civilization to develop?
What if next one is not for 100,000 years?

What if the first civilization developed 100,000 years ago, in a galaxy that is a million light years from here?
To meet another race of intelligent beings they would have to be in this galaxy, and probably in the near stellar neighborhood.
Now we go billions and billions of stars to a few hundred.....

lol

Nov 2012
Rhondda
The fact that we have made no contact suggests that the inevitable development of alien life elsewhere inevitably ends with its own destruction in the development of some form of capitalism.

Apr 2014
redacted
I believe that there is every chance that life exists on other planets, but I consider the distance between the planetary systems rules out the likelihood that we have been visited by intelligent life-forms from another world.
My opinion is exactly the same.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
For years I took the position that the universe is too big for there not to be life on another planet. I found it improbable we could be the only life form out there. Not only is there too much space out there we know about, there's even more space out there we DON'T know about. So the probability that there's no life out there, I thought, was just silly.

But then I asked myself, "What evidence do we have that aliens exist?" And when you look at the "evidence" we have, it's questionable at best.

We have photos and videos of unidentified flying objects. But by definition, those things are unidentified, not evidence. It's just things we don't know.
We have crop circles which I'm still stunned people believe think are a thing. If an alien life force had the ability to travel across galaxies, you think they'd come down to earth and just bend over grains?
We have personal testimony of people making contact. But personal testimony is not evidence. You're personal experience is not evidence to me for how the world works.

So for me, the only answer is I don't know. Do I think it's possible there is life out there? Yes. Do I think it's probable there is life out there? Honestly, yes. But I have not seen any evidence that suggests it is indeed true. So until then, I'll take the default position of I don't know.