Do you believe in aliens???

Do you believe in Aliens??

• Total voters

tadpole256

Former Staff
May 2005
Planet Earth (Mostly)
Not only do I believe in Aliens (the math indicates there must logically be aliens), but I am an active member of SETI and I helped them set up a new Network in Puerto Rico, and I helped set up SETI@Home.

hevusa

Former Staff
Feb 2005
tadpole256 said:
Not only do I believe in Aliens (the math indicates there must logically be aliens), but I am an active member of SETI and I helped them set up a new Network in Puerto Rico, and I helped set up SETI@Home.

I used to help the SETI out with a little bandwidth. Cool that you helped set it up!

tadpole256

Former Staff
May 2005
Planet Earth (Mostly)
hevusa said:
[quote name='tadpole256']Not only do I believe in Aliens (the math indicates there must logically be aliens), but I am an active member of SETI and I helped them set up a new Network in Puerto Rico, and I helped set up SETI@Home.

I used to help the SETI out with a little bandwidth. Cool that you helped set it up![/quote]

Yeah it's a great system. What the home computers do is actually a very minor part of the whole process, but it is really important because it save monstrous amounts of time and valuable CPU Cycles.

hevusa

Former Staff
Feb 2005
tadpole256 said:
[quote name='hevusa'][quote name='tadpole256']Not only do I believe in Aliens (the math indicates there must logically be aliens), but I am an active member of SETI and I helped them set up a new Network in Puerto Rico, and I helped set up SETI@Home.

I used to help the SETI out with a little bandwidth. Cool that you helped set it up![/quote]

Yeah it's a great system. What the home computers do is actually a very minor part of the whole process, but it is really important because it save monstrous amounts of time and valuable CPU Cycles.[/quote]

It is such a cool concept. All the computers out there acting as one large super computer... all while the computers would have just been screen saving anyway. Genius!

tadpole256

Former Staff
May 2005
Planet Earth (Mostly)
hevusa said:
[quote name='tadpole256'][quote name='hevusa'][quote name='tadpole256']Not only do I believe in Aliens (the math indicates there must logically be aliens), but I am an active member of SETI and I helped them set up a new Network in Puerto Rico, and I helped set up SETI@Home.

Yeah it's a great system. What the home computers do is actually a very minor part of the whole process, but it is really important because it save monstrous amounts of time and valuable CPU Cycles.[/quote]

It is such a cool concept. All the computers out there acting as one large super computer... all while the computers would have just been screen saving anyway. Genius![/quote]

It really is. It's good to know all those cycles were used for something rather than just being wasted. I personally don't like the new BOINC system they have switched to, but I guess they know what is best for their program...

Mar 2008
australia
i thought i would have a play at looking back at old threads.

are aliens among us, among the stars, or just in our dreams?