Do you encourage the children you know to emulate the great Trump?

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Trump supporters call all criticism of Trump "hate." Even the most evangelical of Trump's supporters defend him.

So, as a parent, grandparent, uncle or aunt, or just a good friend of the family, do you encourage children to emulate the great Trump who's making America great again, some say by the authority of God?

If you do or don't, please explain why.

Sep 2017
Hell
I'm not a Trump supporter, but I have been saying for a year that most Trump haters swallow too much fake news and hype from the media.

The way they made sound, Trump should be in the -1,000,000% percent disapproval rating right now he had been hacked to death by disgruntled Hispanics, or angry Blacks.

No, there is no Hitler Jugend event going on.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Trump supporters call all criticism of Trump "hate." Even the most evangelical of Trump's supporters defend him.

So, as a parent, grandparent, uncle or aunt, or just a good friend of the family, do you encourage children to emulate the great Trump who's making America great again, some say by the authority of God?

We only have one grandchild who is 4 yrs old but our friends and family who have MANY MORE grandchildren (young children) agree that the TV is never on and if it is the age-appropriate shows are available. Parents can program/stream children's TV shows which are mostly educational. Our kids have Roku for grandson, Sam.
Even most of the old folks in our retirement town have turned off the news.
Trump supporters (including Evangelicals) are a minority although I suppose it's possible that they encourage their children to be more like Trump. AND that is frightening.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I'm not a Trump supporter, but I have been saying for a year that most Trump haters swallow too much fake news and hype from the media.

The way they made sound, Trump should be in the -1,000,000% percent disapproval rating right now he had been hacked to death by disgruntled Hispanics, or angry Blacks.

How about taking a swing at my question?

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT

yo! moderator!
stay on topic!
that has nothing to do with the question posed!

I've read various articles about evangelicals; they all basically say the same thing. The vast majority of them know that Trump is a scum bag. They defend him because he has promised (like the scumbag ever met a promise or vow he wasn't happy to break!) to end abortion and bring prayer back into schools. Period. They're willing to overlook all the cheap, vulgar, dishonest, lies, conjobs, and thuggery in order to get those two things.
Doesn't say much for the true beliefs of the evangelicals - not that this is the first evidence of that.
So - in answer to your question - I doubt that they actively coach their children to emulate him. Though, by supporting him - of course - they are doing exactly that.

Nov 2012
nirvana

No. My kids can’t stand him, and I’ve never encouraged them. They reached that conclusion on their own.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I don't encourage anyone to emulate someone they don't know. When someone is a "public figure" their persona rarely matches their true character.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I don't encourage anyone to emulate someone they don't know. When someone is a "public figure" their persona rarely matches their true character.
That's a good point.

When you were a child did you ever say to your parents "I want to grow up to be like ______?"

If reincarnation is real, in a former life or lives I was military. I was fascinated by WWII, was more or less a self-taught scholar on it. At a young age, single digits, I told my folks I wanted to grow up to be like Audie Murphy, and win a Medal of Honor for doing something really courageous. Or like my uncle who was a well-decorated major in the AAF, 30 missions as a B-17 navigator. Or my dad, who just before being deployed in a combat zone told me he was for sure that he wasn't going to make it out alive, but that he was able to put that aside and focused on the mission before him.

Courage seemed a very important trait to me, maybe the most important trait. That belief persists with me to this day. When, as a child, I heard the adage, "A coward dies a thousand deaths," I understood what that meant and believed it.