Do you remember when your parents had the talk with you....

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Do you remember when your parents had the talk with you.... about the red man? You know, Santa. Do you remember how it felt? Did you find out a different way? Did you pretend to believe so you would keep receiving gifts?

Did it hurt? Did you feel betrayed?

Did it feel the same way when you found out that the moon landing was faked?

Or are you still pretending?

Sep 2017
Hell
I never believed in Santa and never once received a gift from him. If I saw some fat ass dude with a sack in our home on Christmas eve, I would have assumed he was robbing us and would have kicked his ass and punched Rudolf that was driving the getaway sleigh so hard in the nose that all that cocaine would have fallen out of his nose so that it would no longer be so red and swollen.

My parents meant well but were awfully cheaap. They thought toys and games were bad, and studying was good. They always regifted all my presents except those that were books. As a result of conditioning, whenever I was asked what I what for a gift, I asked for a book. By the time I was 7, I have read all of C.S.Lewis. Franz Kafka by 8. Did War and Peace in two days when I was 9 and swore I would never read Tolstoy again because he was a windbag. Read Mein Kampf when I was 10 and couldn't understand it, which inspired me to take German courses just to reread it, and it still did not make sense.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I never believed in Santa and never once received a gift from him. If I saw some fat ass dude with a sack in our home on Christmas eve, I would have assumed he was robbing us and would have kicked his ass and punched Rudolf that was driving the getaway sleigh so hard in the nose that all that cocaine would have fallen out of his nose so that it would no longer be so red and swollen.

My parents meant well and was awfully cheap. They thought toys and games were bad, and studying was good. They always regifted all my presents except those that were books. As a result of conditioning, whenever I was asked what I what for a gift, I asked for a book. By the time I was 7, I have read all of C.S.Lewis. Franz Kafka by 8. Did War and Peace in two days when I was 9 and swore I would never read Tolstoy again because he was windbag. Read Mein Kampf when I was 10 and couldn't understand it, which inspired me to take German courses just to reread it, and it still did not make sense.
my god you were abused as a child, what terrible parents