Does America Have the World's Greatest Economy?

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
What was up with those guys? If they thought they could fly why not just take off from the ground? Be no less impressive if they flew from the ground to the top of the building instead of vice-versa.
Well, you know how they are. They like shortcuts. They want to take an elevator as high as they can first and then fly the rest of the way to Heaven.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
The irony is that while complaining bitterly about the above, it was the above that created the middle class which is who truly drives our economy. Kill the middle class and you kill our entire way of life.
Silly talk. Workers do not want death, they just want to get paid, like everyone else. You think those men were forced to go up there for pennies? They agreed with the pay and went to work. You know, work.

Apr 2015
Stockport, Cheshire. UK
A statist sees men put in danger by uncaring capitalists.
I see men posing for a PR shot for the company.

I see men putting food on their families' tables, presents under the tree, and a warm coat for each child when winter came. Those men were led by men who would not hesitate to walk the beams with them. Did walk the beams in fact to make sure the work was done right.
The fact that Foremen were forced to walk those beams as well does not make the case for cuddly capitalists

Did anyone ever fall? Of course.
What happened to the warm coats and the presents under the Christmas tree then, did those cuddly capitalists make sure these families were cared for and looked after, after their breadwinners lost their lives, or were they abandoned without a penny.
I'd take that death over being some jobless dumbass who drops acid and jumps off a building because he thinks he can fly.

What was up with those guys? If they thought they could fly why not just take off from the ground? Be no less impressive if they flew from the ground to the top of the building instead of vice-versa.
WTF?
How do you connect workers rights with drug addicts ?

Reactions: cwII