Does truth matter?

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I recently read here that New York city banned soda pop, this claim went unchallenged
lets look at the facts, the law limited the size of drink portions, it had many loop holes, like 7 eleven exception and fruit content, also the law was ruled unconstitutional and repealed by the state supreme court, do details matter, dos it matter that people lie here all the time and they never go challenged, because either they are incredibly ignorant, or they just lie del iberetely, i'm no genius but i seem to be able to fact check shit, why am i the only one that does? Sugary Drinks Portion Cap Rule - Wikipedia

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I recently read here that New York city banned soda pop, this claim went unchallenged
lets look at the facts, the law limited the size of drink portions, it had many loop holes, like 7 eleven exception and fruit content, also the law was ruled unconstitutional and repealed by the state supreme court, do details matter, dos it matter that people lie here all the time and they never go challenged, because either they are incredibly ignorant, or they just lie del iberetely, i'm no genius but i seem to be able to fact check shit, why am i the only one that does? Sugary Drinks Portion Cap Rule - Wikipedia
In politics, and other businesses, truth really does NOT matter. Only perceptions count, what people believe to be true.

Nov 2017
Of course truth matters. Truth is the first thing that matters; everything else that matters comes after that. Without truth, absolutely nothing else matters, because it becomes meaningless & pointless.

For this stuff about the NYC soda pop ban, I don't get where the point of contention is as it relates to truth. The title of this thread is "does truth matter", but what is the lie, or truth that's being dealt with as though it doesn't matter? Your post content seems too ambiguous. Maybe it's just me; maybe it's obvious to everyone else except me, so can you please help me out by trying to explain your point a little more clearly? I can't even begin to conjecture what it might be or at least whittle it down to 2, 3, or 4 possibilities.

Am I the only one who's missing something, or does anyone else agree with me that more explanation is needed here?