Don't Follow Your Passion

May 2018
Chicago
WTF? Since when? Following your dreams is exactly what has made the US such a great country in the first place. You really do want the US to be like Russia.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Mike Rowe explains in basic terms the problem with touchy feel good bullshit that is being targeted toward young people. This in turn is leading to many of the shortages in labor today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o
a lot of obvious fallacies in this video but he makes some good points

his overall premise, his disdain of following your dreams, not good for the tribe overall

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
WTF? Since when? Following your dreams is exactly what has made the US such a great country in the first place. You really do want the US to be like Russia.
It is great to "follow your dreams" but to expect me to cover your ass when it turns out that studying leabian dance theory for 9 years does not pay off is a bunch of shit.

Last edited:
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I'm glad my parents didn't go for that - or instead of spending my life in the theatre, which was my passion and my 'dream' I would have been a fucking lawyer.

Jun 2013
Ohio
Republican policies have led to many of the labor shortages we see today. And, if immigrants are stealing our jobs, how can there be so many labor shortages in the first place ? Right wingers always trip over their own inconsistent logic.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Either immigrants are stealing our jobs - or they're too lazy and we have to pay for welfare for them.

The right wing just can't get their racist propaganda straight.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Mike Rowe explains in basic terms the problem with touchy feel good bullshit that is being targeted toward young people. This in turn is leading to many of the shortages in labor today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o
You RW conservatives and your obsession with the political/social opinions of "Hollywood" personalities. Rowe makes his living in the entertainment business.